Nanaimo Bar Cupcakes. There are MANY great things to say about Nanaimo Bars: One – they are a delicious, authentic Canadian treat, Two – a. This yummy Nanaimo Bar Cupcake recipe combines each flavor that you love from the traditional Nanaimo bar in an equally as delicious cupcake and your new favourite delicious desserts. A Nanaimo Bar is a Canadian specialty, in case you're wondering what in the world I'm talking My Grandma had a Nanaimo Bar recipe that my mom and her sisters always make.
They are a popular Canadian confection, basically a bar cookie. Nanaimo Bars are one of Canada's favorite confections. The beautiful City of Nanaimo, British Columbia has claimed them as their own. You can cook Nanaimo Bar Cupcakes using 11 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Nanaimo Bar Cupcakes
- It’s 1 box of Chocolate cake mix with ingredients needed to prepare.
- Prepare 3/4 cup of Sweetened shredded coconut (or add a little more or less according to your preference).
- You need of Filling.
- It’s 1/2 cup of Butter.
- It’s 4 cup of Icing sugar.
- Prepare 6 tbsp of Milk.
- Prepare 4 tbsp of Vanilla pudding mix or custard powder.
- Prepare 1 tsp of Vanilla (optional).
- You need of Topping.
- Prepare 3/4 cup of Semi-sweet chocolate chips or as needed.
- You need 1 tsp of Butter.
The story goes that a Nanaimo housewife entered a recipe. <p>Nanaimo bars come in a variety of shapes and forms, and—like any other baked good—many people have claimed to have "the best Nanaimo bar recipe ever." Nanaimo Bar Cupcakes – So Good! * *I made a brownie mix with chopped pecans, almonds and shredded coconut. Yes, I dared to toy with a Canadian classic! I've had several requests over the years for a standard Nanaimo Bar recipe but I'd never posted one. This Nanaimo Bar Cake takes the classic Canadian treat and transforms it into a delicious layer cake!
Nanaimo Bar Cupcakes step by step
- Prepare cake mix as directed on package, adding shredded coconut to batter..
- Pour batter into prepared cupcake pans. Bake as directed on the cake mix package..
- Cool cupcakes on wire rack..
- In a large bowl, beat butter until smooth. Stir in custard powder and milk..
- Beat in icing sugar and vanilla until smooth..
- Once cupcakes are COMPLETELY cooled, fill with filling by inserting a piping bag containing the filling and fitted with a small round tip into the centre of cupcake and squeezing bag while slowly pulling out. Repeat with the remaining cupcakes..
- Cover filled cupcakes and store in a cold place to allow the filling to firm up. Meanwhile, melt chocolate chips and butter over a double boiler or in the microwave..
- Dip tops of cooled cupcakes into melted chocolate so the tops are covered. Cover and allow chocolate to set. ENJOY!!!.
Explore best places to eat cupcakes in Nanaimo and nearby. Check prices of pudding and ice cream. Compare reviews of pastry and tiramisu. I am from Nanaimo BC and we have Nanaimo Bars everywhere in this town. Of all of the Nanaimo Bar recipes I have tried, this recipe is the closest to what I have always known as the original Nani.