Chocolate Brownie Batter (edible). My first recipe for edible chocolate chip cookie dough was so good, I had to have a go at chocolate. I call this "edible brownie batter" because it has the rich chocolate flavor of brownies, but it's essentially just edible chocolate chocolate chip cookie dough. How To Make Edible Brownie Batter.
I may have even done a less-than-stellar job at scraping all the batter into the pan, because. . . oh darn! Guess there is some brownie batter left in the pan that I'll just have to take care of. . . Use good quality chocolate chips: I recommend Ghirardelli® or Guittard®.; Make sure to get dutch process instead of natural or plain cocoa powder. You can make Chocolate Brownie Batter (edible) using 7 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Chocolate Brownie Batter (edible)
- It’s 1 cup of unsweetened cocoa powder.
- Prepare 1 1/3 cup of AP Flour (I used gluten free).
- You need 2 cups of softened butter at room temperature.
- It’s 1 1/3 cup of sugar.
- You need 8 Tbs of honey.
- Prepare 8 Tbs of milk (I used non fat).
- It’s 2 cups of mini chocolate chips.
Regular cocoa powder will make brownie batter more dry and less flavorful. Melt the butter and mix in the heavy cream; Add in the brownie mix and stir in until just combined. To store: Store leftover edible brownie batter in the fridge. Even though it is eggless, keeping it at room temperature will see the chocolate become gritty and slightly oily.
Chocolate Brownie Batter (edible) step by step
- Mix cocoa and flour together..
- Mix in butter, sugar and honey..
- Mix in milk..
- Once everything is mixed together, add mini chocolate chips..
- Place in a container and top with more chocolate chips (I know chocolate overload, but so worth it)..
- Refrigerate for 30 minutes or until firm..
- Serve with some ice cream or you can be like me, grab a tablespoon full of this and disappear like David Copperfield. This recipe is very rich so I can only handle one tablespoon per day..
This is an amazing dessert as is, but it's always fun to get creative with toppings. For chocolate chips that get stirred into the batter at the end, you have lots of options! Feel free to use dark or semisweet chocolate. For the shape of the chocolate, use: regular; mini; chocolate chunks ; chopped up. A Vegan Edible Brownie Batter Recipe that tastes just like brownie batter from the bowl.