Basbousa (Semolina Cake). Basbousa is an Egyptian semolina cake drenched in syrup. Basbousa Aka Harissa (Coconut Yogurt Semolina Cake). Mix the semolina, coconut, sugar, baking soda, and the butter in a large bowl.
It's topped with a delicious rosewater and lemon syrup. This traditional Middle Eastern dessert comes together in just one Basbousa (Semolina Cake). Recipe adapted from Vian Alnidawi and Sara Nassr, Comal Heritage. You can have Basbousa (Semolina Cake) using 16 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Basbousa (Semolina Cake)
- Prepare 1 1/2 Cup of Rava.
- It’s 1/2 cup of maida.
- Prepare 3/4 cup of sugar.
- Prepare 1 cup of desiccated coconut.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of melted butter.
- You need 3 of eggs.
- Prepare 1 tsp of vanilla extract.
- Prepare 1 tsp of baking soda.
- Prepare 1 cup of curd.
- You need 1/4 tsp of salt.
- You need 12-15 of almonds.
- Prepare of For sugar syrup.
- It’s 1 1/2 cup of sugar.
- Prepare 1 1/2 cup of water.
- You need 1 tsp of rose water.
- It’s 2 tbsp of lemon juice.
This cake is Soft and moist with a touch of lemon syrup. Subscribe to my YouTube Channel Here: ⬇ ⬇ ⬇. Basbousa, an Egyptian semolina cake with yogurt is one of the best Egyptian desserts that comes out fairly quick. Authentic Egyptian basbousa recipe that is soft and stays soft.
Basbousa (Semolina Cake) instructions
- In a large bowl beat egg with sugar until light and pale. Add melted butter, vanilla extract, yogurt, and beat on low speed until incorporated. Add semolina, flour, coconut, baking powder and salt. Mix until combined..
- Preheat oven to 180C (360F). Grease an 9×9-inch pan with butter.
- Transfer the mixture into the pan and spread evenly. Cut a diamond or square design in the cake with a butter knife. Place an almond in the center of each diamond..
- Bake for 35-40 minutes or until golden brown.
- For making syrup : in a small saucepan place water and sugar, place the saucepan over medium-high heat until boils. Reduce the heat to medium-low, add lemon juice, rose water and simmer for 10 minutes.
- Cut the cake again along the pre-cut lines and pour the syrup over the cake while the cake is still hot. Let cool before serving..
Whip sugar and coconut oil in a large bowl until sugar melts in the fat. Basbousa are small cakes that are covered with syrup. The are perfect with coffee or tea. How to Make Basbousa – Semolina Cakes With Syrup. This post may contain One of them would whip up basbousa in the afternoon snacks for our kids.