Sauerkraut cake ( don't knock it till you try it!). Even the kids want it for their birthday cake. I baked it for one of our family gatherings and now, I get lots of requests for it too. Yes, this cake is made with beets!
It's made just the way my mother-in -law has made it for years. I never buy store sauerkraut anymore! I am an old farmer from 'way back and have made my own kraut for years. You can make Sauerkraut cake ( don't knock it till you try it!) using 6 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Sauerkraut cake ( don't knock it till you try it!)
- It’s 1 box of devils food cake or your favorite recipe..
- It’s 1 box of instant chocolate pudding.
- It’s 1 of eggs water and oil according to the box or recipe.
- Prepare 8 oz of sauerkraut rinsed and squeezed dry.
- Prepare 1 cup of walnuts chopped small.
- Prepare 1/2 packages of 10 oz package of semi sweet chocolate chips.
This is the way I make it, except I don't use a crock, but pack the shredded cabbage directly into wide-mouth quart jars. Look, cake does not wiggle in a way that delights the young and old. Colorful, jiggly, and shiny molded jello can be a playful dessert for family gatherings or beautiful centerpieces to bridal showers, hip happy hours, or even fancy dinner parties. Here's my suggestion: Forget what you think you know about.
Sauerkraut cake ( don't knock it till you try it!) step by step
- Pre heat oven to 350.
- Grease and flour a 13×9 in pan.
- mix all ingredients in a bowl..
- Poor in pan.
- Bake 3o- 35 minutes depending on your oven.
- Take out oven and let cool.
- Frost when cool I like using peanut butter frosting..
- Enjoy with a glass of milk..
recipe by pandachick69321 @cookpad
It means don't say criticize something if you have no experience with it. So if someone says that about marijuana for instance, it means don't make negative judgments about marijuana if you haven't tried it yourself. This giant cake takes playing with your. This is a very strange question. Don't knock it till you've tried it is a very straightforward expression.