Thanksgiving Turkey. Find perfect Thanksgiving turkey recipes from Food Network, including roasted, brined and deep-fried versions. Thanksgiving Turkey Poultry Thanksgiving Turkey Recipes Recipes for a Crowd Fall. Get trusted recipes for preparing the perfect holiday bird.
There's no denying turkey is the main event of the holiday meal. Did Pilgrims Eat Turkey at Thanksgiving? Whether or not they ate turkey, we do know that many of the Thanksgiving dishes that we enjoy today were not served at the Plymouth feast. You can cook Thanksgiving Turkey using 14 ingredients and 10 steps. Here is how you make it.
Ingredients of Thanksgiving Turkey
- It’s 1 (18 lbs) of butterball turkey.
- Prepare 2 cups of Kosher salt (brine).
- Prepare 1/2 cup of melted butter.
- You need 2 of large onions (peeled & quartered).
- It’s 4 of carrots (peeled and 1 inch diced).
- It’s 4 stalks of celery (1 inch chop).
- Prepare 2 sprigs of fresh thyme.
- Prepare 1 of Bay leaf.
- You need 1.5 cups of dry white wine.
- Prepare 1 of lemon.
- You need 1 head of garlic.
- Prepare 2 teaspoons of garlic powder.
- It’s 1 teaspoon of freshly ground black pepper.
- It’s 2 teaspoons of salt.
Turkey has been a North American Thanksgiving tradition for hundreds of years. Knowing how to cook a turkey is essential for anybody who wants to host a Thanksgiving or Christmas feast for. These Thanksgiving turkey recipes put the bird front and center, right where it belongs. Our never-fail turkey produces a holiday centerpiece that is excellent in every way that other turkeys often fall.
Thanksgiving Turkey instructions
- Remove neck and giblets from inside of turkey. Rub the turkey inside and out with Kosher salt..
- Place turkey in a large stock pot and cover with COLD water. Place covered stock pot in the refrigerator and allow the turkey to soak in the brine mixture minimum 12 hours, preferably overnight.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Remove turkey from brine and place into a clean sink. THOROUGHLY rinse turkey inside and out. Discard the brine mixture..
- Brush the turkey inside and out with 1 cup of the melted butter. Add salt, pepper and garlic powder on top and bottom of turkey..
- Place BREAST side DOWN on the roasting rack in a shallow roasting pan. Make sure it’s on a rack so it’s elevated. Breast side down will allow the dark meat juices to drip down onto the white meat..
- Stuff the cavity with the quartered onion, 2 of the diced carrots, 2 of the diced stalks of celery, 1 sprig of thyme, 1 quartered lemon, 3-4 cloves of smashed (not diced) garlic and the bay leaf..
- Scatter the remaining celery, onions, carrots and thyme around the bottom of the roasting pan. Pour the 1.5 cups of dry white wine into the bottom of the pan..
- Roast turkey UNCOVERED for 3 hours with thigh side facing up. Baste turkey with juices on bottom every 30 minutes..
- After 3 hours of cooking CAREFULLY turn the turkey on the rack so the BREAST side will now be facing up. Baste turkey with remaining cup of melted butter and continue to cook for another hour or until internal temperature of thighs reach 180 degrees..
- Once finished cooking allow turkey to rest 20 minutes before carving. KEEP drippings for a delicious gravy!.
The National Thanksgiving Turkey Presentation is a ceremony that takes place at the White House every year shortly before Thanksgiving. Making a juicy and flavorful Thanksgiving Turkey is easier than you think! The Thanksgiving turkey is by far the most important part of the entire. Make sure you nail it with our recipes for turkey and gravy, plus get tips and tricks on preparation, carving, and presentation. Juicy white meat, falling-apart dark meat, rich gravy — no stress.