Coffee Walnut cake with Greek yogurt frosting.
You can cook Coffee Walnut cake with Greek yogurt frosting using 18 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Coffee Walnut cake with Greek yogurt frosting
- Prepare of Cake.
- It’s 1 1/2 cup of whole wheat flour.
- Prepare 1 cup of yogurt (dahi).
- Prepare 1 tsp of baking powder.
- Prepare 1/2 tsp of baking soda.
- Prepare 150 gm of brown sugar.
- You need 1/2 cup of vegetable oil or butter.
- Prepare 1 tsp of vanilla essence.
- Prepare 2 tbsp of coffee powder hot water mixture.
- Prepare 50 gm of chopped walnut.
- It’s Handful of chopped dark chocolate.
- It’s 10 of whole walnut for decoration.
- You need as needed of Chocolate shaving.
- Prepare of Greek yogurt frosting.
- It’s 100 gm of Greek yogurt/ hung curd.
- You need 50 gm of milkmaid (condensed milk).
- Prepare 5 tbsp of cream.
- It’s 1 tsp of vanilla essence.
Coffee Walnut cake with Greek yogurt frosting instructions
- In a bowl add yogurt and baking soda. Mix it well and leave it to bubble for 15min.
- In a bowl add sugar and oil, whisk it until it gets fluffy. Add vanilla essence, fermented yogurt and coffee mixture and whisk it until it gets combined.
- Sieve and add all the dry ingredients. Fold them with spatula gently until well combined. Add walnut and chocolate..
- Preheat the oven at 180deg, cover the bottom of the pan with butter paper so that it doesn't stick to the pan.add the batter in the baking pan and bake it at 180deg for 25min..
- For the Frosting take the Greek yogurt and let it's water drain from the fine cloth used to make paneer overnight or as long as you can in the refrigerator. Whisk the yogurt, cream, condensed milk and essence well until it increases in volume. All the ingredients should be cold even the bowl so that it foams like cream..
- After the cake is done, after it cools down add the frosting, walnut and chocolate shaving on top and serve..
recipe by Tanaya Rath @cookpad