Ham & Beans.
You can have Ham & Beans using 6 ingredients and 2 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Ham & Beans
- You need 3 cans of Great Northern beans, drained and rinsed.
- It’s 1/2-1 lb of cooked ham, diced (I like mine meaty).
- You need 1 of medium onion, diced.
- It’s 1/4 C of light brown sugar (more might be needed if ham isn't sweet).
- Prepare 1/4 tsp of cayenne pepper.
- You need 1 Tbls of dried parsley.
Ham & Beans instructions
- In large pot add all the ingredients and enough water to cover. Bring to a boil; reduce heat and simmer 1.5 to 2 hours. Add more water if necessary during cooking time..
- Note: I usually cook my ham in the crockpot with brown sugar and pineapple juice and then use the leftovers for this soup, so if you are using store bought, pre-diced ham you will probably need more brown sugar. Just keep tasting it… that's half the fun of cooking!.
recipe by shellys40love @cookpad