Sacher Cake (gluten-free).
You can have Sacher Cake (gluten-free) using 15 ingredients and 15 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Sacher Cake (gluten-free)
- It’s of Sponge.
- Prepare 130 g of sugar.
- You need 5 of eggs.
- Prepare 1 pinch of salt.
- It’s 200 g of dark chocolate (50% cocoa).
- Prepare 150 g of melted butter.
- You need 1 spoon of icing sugar.
- You need 150 g of gluten free flour.
- It’s 2 tsp of baking powder.
- It’s 1 tsp of Vanilla extract.
- It’s of Filling.
- You need 300 g of apricot jam.
- Prepare of Chocolate Glaze.
- Prepare 130 g of dark chocolate (50% cocoa).
- Prepare 100 g of double cream (min 30% fat).
Sacher Cake (gluten-free) instructions
- Preheat oven to 180*C. Grease with butter and dust with flour a 9 inch (23 cm) round cake pan..
- In a large bowl mix the butter with powdered sugar until creamy..
- Add egg yolks one at a time and stir in vanilla extract..
- Meanwhile chop and melt the chocolate in a double boiler and add it to the yolks mixture..
- Whip egg whites with salt until foamy. Gradually add sugar and continue whipping until soft peaks form. Gently fold the whites into the chocolate mixture..
- Gradually incorporate sifted flour into the mixture. Pour batter into the prepared pan and bake for about 30-35 minutes until a toothpick inserted into the center of the cake comes out clean..
- Invert the cake to get a flat surface and cool completely..
- Meanwhile prepare the apricot jam. Pour it into a saucepan.Bring to a boil while stirring constantly for 5-7 minutes until gets liquid and remove from heat. You should have as result a smooth jam. Set aside until ready to use..
- Divide cake in two layers. Spread about half of the hot jam over the first layer. Top with the second cake layer and spread the rest of hot jam on top and sides of the cake. Let it dry for up to 30 minutes..
- Transfer the cake over a wire rack placed on a parchment paper lined baking sheet..
- Chop the chocolate and in a saucepan mix it with the double cream. Bring it to 50*C for 6 min.
- Poor the Glaze on top of the cake and spread it properly.
- Let it rest in the fridge until the glaze has solidified.
- Serve with whipped cream if you like.
- Enjoy 😉.
recipe by @Barbara_nogluten @cookpad