Carrot Date and Walnut Cake.
You can cook Carrot Date and Walnut Cake using 12 ingredients and 10 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Carrot Date and Walnut Cake
- You need 1/2 cup of caramelized sugar syrup.
- You need 1 cup of chopped dates.
- You need 1 cup of grated carrots.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of chopped walnuts.
- Prepare 1 1/4 cup of All purpose flour.
- Prepare 1 cup of sugar.
- It’s 1 cup of Vegetable oil.
- It’s 2 of eggs.
- Prepare 1 tsp of baking powder.
- You need 1/2 tsp of baking soda.
- It’s 1/4 tsp of salt.
- You need 1 tsp of Vanilla extract.
Carrot Date and Walnut Cake instructions
- Caramel syrup-In a small sauce pan, on medium low heat, melt 1/2 cup sugar and 1/4 cup water. Once it turns deep amber color, keep the syrup to cool..
- Preheat the oven to 350°F..
- In a large bowl, add the dry ingredients..
- Now put the chopped dates,carrots and walnuts into the dry mixture and mix until well coated..
- Mix together the wet ingredients-oil,eggs,sugar and caramel syrup in another large bowl..
- Now fold the dry ingredient mixture into the wet until well combined..
- Pour the batter into the prepared cake tin..
- Bake for 30 mins or until a tooth pick inserted into the center comes out clean..
- Cool the cake on a wire rack. Slice and serve like that or with cream cheese frosting..
- Trust me the cakes tastes absolutely delicious even without a frosting!.
recipe by Jiya @cookpad