You can make Date Scones using 9 ingredients and 12 steps. Here is how you make that.
Ingredients of Date Scones
- It’s of Scone mix.
- You need 3 cup of Standard plain flour.
- Prepare 6 tsp of Baking powder.
- Prepare 1/4 tsp of salt.
- It’s 75 grams of Butter.
- You need 1 1/2 cup of Milk.
- It’s 3/4 cup of Chopped dates.
- It’s 1 tbsp of Sugar.
- You need 1/2 tsp of Cinnamon.
Date Scones step by step
- Preheat oven to 220C.
- Sift flour, baking powder and salt into a bowl..
- Cut butter in and crumble with fingers until resembles Fine breadcrumbs..
- Add dates, sugar and cinnamon..
- Add milk and mix quickly with a knife to a soft dough..
- Remove dough from Bowl and knead a few times..
- Lightly dust an oven tray with flour, or line with greaseproof paper..
- Press dough out onto tray..
- Cut into 12 even sized pieces..
- Leave a 2cm space between scones..
- Brush tops with milk and sprinkle a mixture of sugar and cinnamon on top..
- Bake for 10 minutes or until golden Brown..
recipe by dubaholicmel @cookpad