Gulab Tres Leches Cake (Gluten free).
You can cook Gulab Tres Leches Cake (Gluten free) using 26 ingredients and 18 steps. Here is how you make that.
Ingredients of Gulab Tres Leches Cake (Gluten free)
- You need of For the Gluten free Sponge cake.
- You need 110 GMs of Almond (Blanch and deskinned) (see recipe).
- It’s 25 gms of Hazelnut.
- It’s 2 of whole eggs.
- You need 1 tbsps of sugar (powdered).
- Prepare 12-15 drops of Rose Flavour/ essence.
- It’s 2 tbsps of Cornflour.
- You need 50 gms of Veg oil.
- It’s as required of Pink gel color.
- It’s 180 gms of Condensed milk.
- It’s 1.5 tsp of Baking powder.
- Prepare 1/8 tsp of salt.
- It’s of For the Evaporated milk(in Rose/Gulab flavour).
- It’s 2 cups of milk.
- Prepare As needed of Fistful of Dried rose petals.
- It’s 1 tsp of Rose Flavour/ essence.
- Prepare as required of Pink gel colour use till you get the desired color.
- You need of For the Tres Leches milk.
- Prepare 2/3 cup of Evaporated milk.
- You need 1/4 cup of Condensed milk.
- You need 1/4 cup of Heavy/ Fresh cream.
- You need of For Topping.
- It’s 150 gms of non dairy whipping cream.
- Prepare of For Garnishing.
- Prepare as required of Pistachio slivers.
- It’s as required of Dried Rose petals.
Gulab Tres Leches Cake (Gluten free) step by step
- Freeze the deskinned almond and the hazelnut in the freezer for 2 hours or so…so that it's easy to powder it in the mixer grinder…it won't become oily due to heat. Then grind it into powder / flour..
- Chill the eggs in the fridge (so that it's easy to separate the yolk and white) and separate the yolk and the white in two separate clean bowls and let them come at room temperature..
- First of all prepare the Rose/ Gulab evaporated milk- Boil milk with rose petals, rose essence /flavour for about 10-15 minutes on low medium flame and add the pink food color too till you get the desired color….keep it stirring frequently……the milk will reduce to almost more than 50%. I got 2/3 cup. Put off the flame and let it cool to room temperature and then strain it..
- Prepare the cake tin by putting a butter paper and oiling /buttering it. Preheat the oven at 180°C for at least 10 -15 minutes (if using electric oven) or preheat a big vessel enough to easily fit in the cake tin……with a thick bottom with lid….you can use salt at the base and a stand inside the vessel…..heat it at full flame for 10-15 minutes..
- Prepare the sponge cake – a) In a bowl,shift the powdered/ floured almond and hazelnut through a sieve to make sure there are no lumps or if you don't have a seive break down any lump with the hand or whisk. Add salt, baking powder and cornflour to it and mix well so that everything gets thoroughly mixed..
- Whisk the egg white for 1-2 minutes with electric hand blender / whisk till it becomes a little frothy, then add the powdered sugar and whisk till stiff peaks forms….your meringue is ready…it hardly takes 5 minutes..
- In another bowl, beat the egg yolks with the electric blender for a minute or two and then add the Nestle Milkmaid to it and whisk it till it becomes light, fluffy and a little pale. Then add the veg oil, rose essence/flavour and the pink food gel color and beat again until everything is mixed well. Scrap the bowls as and when required while making the batter..
- Then add in the almond hazelnut powder/ flour mixture in three parts, mixing it well in each addition and form a smooth batter..
- Then fold in the egg meringue to it in three parts and form a smooth evenly mixed batter..
- Pour the batter in the prepared cake tin, tap it few times on the kitchen countertop and bake it for 20-25 minutes at 180°C in the oven or in a preheated vessel as mentioned above (use the medium size burner) or till a skewer inserted inside the centre of the cake comes out clean.Cool the cake for 20-30 minutes in the pan and then transfer it to a glass square pan, while it's still warm, poke the cake with a fork or skewer..
- Mix all the three milks and with a ladle pour it on the cake evenly, giving time for the milk to soak in after each pour (I didn't use all the milk, I was left with 1/4 cup mixed milk). Let the cake soak in the milk for at least 1hour 30 minutes (if you have time keep it overnight, which I did) in the fridge..
- Now take the chilled whipping cream in a chilled bowl and whip it with a chilled electric hand blender till it forms stiff pick (do not overbeat it)….it will hardly take 5 minutes…in between add 5-6 drops of rose flavour. I didn't add any sugar to the cream as non dairy cream is already sweetened a bit..
- Spread it on top of the cake with the help of the silicon spatula or a tablespoon or butter knife. Garnish it with pistachio and rose petals. Cut the cake into square shape with the desired size and serve it. Bon Appetit!!!.
recipe by Jibita Khanna @cookpad