Imitation Gyoza Cookies.
You can cook Imitation Gyoza Cookies using 12 ingredients and 10 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Imitation Gyoza Cookies
- You need 100 grams of Unsalted butter.
- It’s 50 grams of Powdered sugar.
- It’s 150 grams of Cake flour.
- Prepare 1 dash of Salt and lemon juice.
- You need 20 grams of Egg white.
- Prepare 25 grams of Almond powder.
- It’s 25 grams of Unsalted butter.
- You need 25 grams of Powdered sugar.
- Prepare 1/2 of Whole egg.
- You need 1/2 tsp of each Cinnamon and rum.
- It’s 50 grams of each Raisins and walnuts.
- It’s 1 dash of Egg white and flour for dusting.
Imitation Gyoza Cookies step by step
- [Preparing the Cookie Dough] Bring butter to room temperature to soften. Add the powdered sugar and egg white in order to mix. Then add salt and lemon juice, and sift in the cake flour. Mix lightly. When the dough comes together, press it into the curves of the bowl to adjust the consistency..
- [Preparing the Almond Cream] Preheat the oven to 150℃. Spread and flatten out the almond powder on a baking tray, and dry-roast in the oven for 10 minutes. Mix the softened butter with powdered sugar, egg, and the cooled down almond powder in order. Mix with each addition..
- Add the finely chopped raisins and walnuts into the almond cream from Step 2..
- Now you're done with the 'skin' and the 'filling.' Let them chill in the fridge..
- Dust the cookie dough as you roll it out into 2-3 mm thickness. Cut it out using a cookie cutter..
- Place a decent amount of the almond cream onto the 'gyoza skin' dough. Wet the tip of your finger to dampen the edges of the skin as the glue. Wrap the filling up – you'll be able to do this perfectly if you're good at making gyoza!.
- Done. Chill in the fridge until they feel firm (about 30 minutes)..
- Brush on the egg whites for the egg wash. Align them onto a baking tray lined with parchment paper..
- Bake for 20 minutes in 150℃ oven. Don't let them brown since you'd want a whiter result..
recipe by cookpad.japan @cookpad