Gluten Free Wimbi(Millet) Chocolate Cake.
You can have Gluten Free Wimbi(Millet) Chocolate Cake using 10 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Gluten Free Wimbi(Millet) Chocolate Cake
- It’s 125 grams of Finger millet flour (Wimbi).
- It’s 20 g of dark unsweetened cocoa powder.
- You need 1/2 teaspoon of baking powder(2.5g).
- Prepare 1/2 teaspoon of baking soda.
- You need 100 grams of butter.
- Prepare 3 of eggs.
- You need 125 ml of Buttermilk (Maziwa Mala).
- You need 50 g of dark Baking chocolate.
- Prepare 5 ml of Vanilla or Butter scotch essence.
- You need 5 g of Instant coffee powder.
Gluten Free Wimbi(Millet) Chocolate Cake step by step
- Preheat oven at 180 degrees Grease and dust an 8"x4" or 9"x5" loaf tin or line it with baking parchment..
- Cream butter and sugar with Vanilla or Butterscotch essence until.light and fluffy Add in 1 egg at a time and beat. Add half the Maziwa mala/Buttermilk and mix till incorporated.
- Sift in the flour mixture i.e dry ingredients in 3 parts and gently mix using a spatula. Add the the rest of the maziwa mala alternatively till everything is mixed together.
- Add in the melted /Grated chocolate and mix well Pour the batter into the prepared baking tin Bake in the middle oven rack for 35-40 minutes or until a skewer inserted comes out clean and the cake begins to leave the edges…
- Transfer to a wire rack and let cool to almost room temperature before slicing or it will crumble and not yield evenly sized slices!.
- Recipe Notes You can replace the butter with 100 Ml flavourless cooking oil in which case you mix all the dry ingredients separately from the wet ones and mix alternately till combined. This may result in a more moist cake..
recipe by Eric Joe Munene @cookpad