Turkey Broccoli Rice Casserole. In a small bowl whisk together flour, salt, pepper and Preheat broiler. Combine cooked rice and vegetable mixture with cheese sauce then scoop mixture into a nonstick sprayed baking dish and top with. The recipe includes a cheesy sauce and simple ways to add flavor.
It's always a family favorite I'm hoping there will be some left for my daughter to eat when she gets home from school. This pilaf would be perfect paired with turkey or beef for your. Top with half of the broccoli cheese sauce. You can make Turkey Broccoli Rice Casserole using 7 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Turkey Broccoli Rice Casserole
- Prepare 1 lb of turkey breast – cut to about 1/2" cubes.
- You need 3 cups of fresh broccoli florets.
- You need 3 cups of cooked white rice (I usually use leftover rice lol).
- Prepare 2 cans of cream of chicken soup.
- It’s 1 can of water (this is filling one of the soup cans lol).
- You need 2 cups of shredded cheese (tonight I used Velveeta shreds).
- You need to taste of salt, pepper, garlic powder, onion powder.
Repeat with the remaining rice, then the remaining sauce. Take a skillet and sauté onion, carrot, the mushrooms, broccoli and celery in oil until tender. Put the pimientos, turkey, oregano, marjoram, salt into the rice and half cook it. Mix the flour, milk, wine in a pan and cook until thickened.
Turkey Broccoli Rice Casserole step by step
- Preheat oven to 375°F. Steam broccoli either on stovetop or in microwave until fork tender. (Tonight I microwaved mine in a vented container with 2 tbs water for about 7.5 minutes.).
- While broccoli steams, cook turkey breast in a medium skillet over medium-high heat, season with desired amounts of salt, pepper, garlic powder, and onion powder as it cooks..
- Allow broccoli and turkey to other cool enough to handle. Separately give each a rough chop. In a large bowl combine soup, water, and shredded cheese. Stir in rice and turkey to combine. Gently fold in broccoli. Taste and adjust seasoning as desired..
- Pour mixture into a lightly greased 9×13" baking dish. Bake uncovered 45 minutes, or until lightly browned on top. Let rest 15 minutes before serving. Enjoy!.
Stir the stuffing, turkey, broccoli and tomatoes in a large bowl. During the week, I love to make easy dinner recipes that can be thrown together and made in no time. If you're anything like me, you like to prep meals ahead of time. Or at least prep the parts of a meal that you can. Add rice and stock, stir and bring to a boil.