Apple Sour Cream Coffee Cake.
You can cook Apple Sour Cream Coffee Cake using 19 ingredients and 10 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Apple Sour Cream Coffee Cake
- Prepare of topping.
- You need 1/3 cup of packed light brown sugar.
- It’s 1/4 cup of granulated sugar.
- Prepare 1 tsp of ground cinnamon.
- It’s 1 cup of chopped pecans.
- You need of For the cake.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of softened butter.
- You need 1 cup of granulated sugar.
- Prepare 2 large of eggs.
- Prepare 2 cup of sifted all purpose flour.
- Prepare 1 tsp of baking soda.
- You need 1 tsp of baking powder.
- You need 1/2 tsp of salt.
- It’s 1 1/2 cup of sour cream.
- You need 1 tsp of vanilla extract.
- Prepare 4 large of gala apples peeled, cored and sliced.
- You need of Topping I also add..
- You need 1 cup of chopped walnuts.
- You need 1/2 cup of toffee chips.
Apple Sour Cream Coffee Cake instructions
- Preheat oven to 325°F,.
- Spray a 9-by-9 inch baking pan..
- Prepare the topping. Combine all Ingredients and mix well. this is when I also add chopped pecans and toffee chips.
- In a bowl, cream together butter, sugar and eggs.Add vanilla extract..
- In a separate bowl mix flour, baking soda, baking powder, and salt..
- Now pour your wet ingredients into flour mixture mix well..Now add your sour cream. Mix well.
- Pour half of the batter into the pan. Layer with half of the apple slices, then half of the topping. Pour in the remaining batter, layer with the remaining apples (keep 3 slices for decoration), then add the rest of the topping. Arrange the remaining slices on top..
- Bake for 1 hour, or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. Let cool and enjoy.
- I also bake mine after the first hour at a higher temp of 350° for about 20 minutes too give the topping an extra crunch..
- Recipe: courtesy of Enjoy Cooking The Costco Way cook book.
recipe by prettyninyas07 @cookpad