Turkey and Quinoa Taco Skillet.
You can cook Turkey and Quinoa Taco Skillet using 14 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Turkey and Quinoa Taco Skillet
- It’s 1 of onion, diced.
- Prepare 1 lb of ground turkey.
- It’s 4 cloves of garlic, minced.
- You need 4 oz of green chiles.
- You need 4 Tbsp of my taco seasoning (or 1 1oz store packet).
- You need 15 oz of can diced fired roasted tomatoes.
- Prepare 15 oz of can black beans, drained and rinsed.
- Prepare 1 cup of frozen corn.
- You need 1/2 cup of salsa.
- Prepare 1 cup of quinoa.
- You need 1 cup of water.
- You need 2 cup of shredded cheddar.
- You need 2 Tbsp of cilantro, minced.
- Prepare of Sour cream for serving.
Turkey and Quinoa Taco Skillet step by step
- In a skillet over high heat, add a small amount of oil and the onion. Saute until soft (about 5 min)..
- Add the turkey to the pan, and brown (about 5 min)..
- Add the garlic, green chile, and taco seasoning. Stir and cook for 30 seconds..
- Add the tomatoes, beans, corn, salsa and water. Bring to a simmer..
- Sprinkle the quinoa over the top and lightly fold the grains into the liquid. Add a little extra liquid if necessary to get the grains to covered in sauce..
- Reduce heat to low, cover and cook 30-40 minutes until quinoa is cooked and translucent..
- Cover with cheese, sprinkle the cilantro, turn the heat off, and cover until melted. Plate with a dollop of sour cream..