Vickys Banana Pudding Poke Cake, GF DF EF SF NF.
You can cook Vickys Banana Pudding Poke Cake, GF DF EF SF NF using 14 ingredients and 12 steps. Here is how you make it.
Ingredients of Vickys Banana Pudding Poke Cake, GF DF EF SF NF
- It’s of granulated sugar.
- Prepare of Koko Coconut-based Plain Yogurt.
- You need of olive oil.
- You need of vanilla extract.
- Prepare of gluten-free / plain flour.
- Prepare of cornflour / cornstarch.
- You need of xanthan gum if using GF flour.
- Prepare of baking powder.
- You need of bicarb / baking soda.
- You need of x 3oz packets Jello Pudding & Pie Banana Creme.
- It’s of full fat coconut milk.
- Prepare of large bananas, sliced.
- It’s of my previously posted free-from Cool Whip recipe.
- It’s of drizzle of my homemade Dulce du Leche sauce recipe.
Vickys Banana Pudding Poke Cake, GF DF EF SF NF step by step
- This recipe makes a lot, it's a party dessert serving around 12 people so feel free to half the amounts of everything!.
- Preheat the oven to gas 4 / 180C / 350F and lightly grease an 11"× 9" dish.
- Mix the sugar and yogurt together until the sugar dissolves. The Koko brand yogurt is made from coconut milk and is free-from dairy and soy.
- Whisk in the oil and vanilla.
- Mix the flour, cornflour, baking powder and bicarb together, then whisk into the yogurt mixture.
- Pour into the baking dish and put in the oven for 25 – 30 minutes until firm.
- Let cool then using the end of a wooden spoon, ruin your lovely cake by poking holes evenly all over it!.
- Whisk the pudding mixture with the coconut milk until smooth then pour all over the cake. Shake gently so the pudding goes into all the holes.
- Refrigerate for 2 – 3 hours until set well then layer sliced bananas all over. Do this just before serving so the banana doesn't discolour.
- Cut into squares to serve – I cut into 12.
- Pipe on some cool whip and drizzle with caramel sauce.
- This dessert won't keep very long as the sponge will absorb all the moisture from the pudding within a couple of days so best eaten immediately.
recipe by Vicky@Jacks Free-From Cookbook @cookpad