Brad's cream of turkey soup with wild rice. A dear friend brought me some of this soup when I was ill—and it instantly hit the spot. I asked her for the recipe and I've made it several times since, especially when I have leftover turkey to use up. Now I like to take it to friends when they're not feeling well.
Cook up a pot of soup! Serve this turkey wild rice soup with a nice, crispy romaine salad and a loaf of crusty bread for a complete meal. Lots of turkey leftovers, of course, so I decided to give it a go. You can have Brad's cream of turkey soup with wild rice using 14 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you make it.
Ingredients of Brad's cream of turkey soup with wild rice
- Prepare 5 cups of shredded left over turkey.
- Prepare 5 of celery stalks, sliced thin.
- Prepare 3 of large carrots, sliced thin.
- Prepare 1 of small onion, chopped.
- Prepare 1 tbs of garlic, minced.
- It’s 1/4 cup of marsala cooking wine.
- You need 1 of lg sweet potato.
- You need 2 tbs of butter.
- You need 1 qt of whipping cream.
- Prepare 2 tsp of granulated chicken bouillon, or to taste.
- You need 8 strips of bacon, chopped and cooked. Drain on paper towels.
- Prepare 1 sprig of each; fresh rosemary, fresh thyme, fresh sage, minced.
- Prepare 4 of servings of prepared wild rice.
- You need of Texas toast.
I used a wild rice brown rice mix and added that, then also only used one cup of heavy cream because I was low on milk. Use your left-over turkey to make a surprisingly elegant cream soup full of tender wild rice and turkey, simmered in broth enriched with half-and-half. Bring the wild rice and water to a boil in a saucepan. Scott Stankowski teams up with Chef Thad from Michele's Restaurant and Catering to share his recipe for Cream of Turkey Wild Rice Soup!
Brad's cream of turkey soup with wild rice instructions
- Sautè carrots, onion, and celery in a lg frying pan with a little oil. When onion gets tender, add garlic. When carrots are tender, deglaze pan with marsala. Cook until all liquid reduces..
- Meanwhile cook sweet potato in oven or microwave until soft. Set aside to cool. As soon as it is able to be handled, peel and place in a bowl. Mix 2 tbs of butter and enough whipping cream to make it mash creamy..
- Place turkey, vegetables, herbs, and bacon into a large stock pot. Cover with water. Add bouillon and bring to a boil..
- Reduce heat and simmer 15 minutes..
- Add whipping cream and return to a simmer. Slowly add potatoes, stirring constantly until well incorporated. And heated through..
- In a bowl, place rice to one side. Fill bowl with soup. Serve with Texas toast. Serve immediately. Enjoy..
Serve with a crisp romaine salad and whole-grain Add rice and reduce heat to a simmer. Stir in turkey (or chicken), sour cream and parsley and. How to make Creamy Turkey Wild Rice Soup. Start by sautéing the mushrooms, celery, carrots, and onion in a large stock pot. Add in the flour, followed Add the quick cooking wild rice and let simmer until tender.