Carrot and Beet Cake. This hearty carrot cake has an interesting twist with the addition of beets, shredded coconut, and raisins for a moist and colorful cake. Note: Use raw beets and raw carrots. After the cake is cooked, they become cooked, but they have to be added raw in the cake preparation.
This vintage recipe for beet-carrot cake has been in my family for decades and was given to me by my late aunt. Vegan (no eggs, no dairy) + refined sugar free. A first birthday cake that the rest of the party will enjoy too!! You can make Carrot and Beet Cake using 14 ingredients and 9 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Carrot and Beet Cake
- It’s 3 large of eggs.
- You need 1 1/2 cup of granulated sugar.
- Prepare 2 tsp of vanilla extract.
- You need 3/4 cup of vegetable oil.
- It’s 1/4 cup of hot water.
- You need 2 cup of cake flour.
- You need 1 pinch of salt.
- You need 1 tbsp of baking powder.
- You need 1 tsp of ground cinnamon.
- It’s 1 pinch of ground nutmeg.
- You need 2 cup of finely grated carrots.
- Prepare 1 cup of finely grated beet.
- You need 1/2 cup of coarsley chopped walnuts or pecan nuts (extra for decorating).
- It’s 1 of Cream cheese frosting.
By hand stir the beet, carrot and nuts through the mix, and gently fold through the egg whites. Carrot Cake never seems to go out of style. This rich and moist spice cake, full of grated carrot, toasted nuts, and crushed pineapple, has great flavor, especially when In fact, carrots, along with beets, contain more sugar than most other vegetables which might explain their use in desserts. Whether you want a carrot cake that's dense, moist and full of spice and nuts, or you like a fluffier lighter carrot cake recipe that's (almost) healthful, we Try Rachel Allen's easiest carrot cake loaf for afternoon tea, Dan Lepard's carrot cake cupcakes for Easter, or Nigella's gingery carrot cake for a.
Carrot and Beet Cake step by step
- Preheat oven to 375° F. Grease and flour 9" bundt pan..
- Separate eggs. Put yolks, sugar, water, vanilla and oil in electric mixer. Mix until just combined.
- Sift flour, baking powder, salt and spices in a bowl..
- Add dry ingredients to wet ingredients.
- Add carrots and beet. Mix until combined.
- In a separate bowl, beat egg whites until stiff..
- Gently fold in egg whites..
- Pour into prepared cake pan. Bake for approximately 45 minutes until done..
- Allow to cool. Frost with your favourite cream cheese frosting and decorate with chopped nuts..
recipe by jaynelle @cookpad
It's effortless to make and tastes incredible. This is my favorite recipe for carrot cake! One of our most popular recipes! Check out most any carrot cake recipe and you'll see that the ingredients are similar to this recipe; oil, sugar, flour, spices My objection to carrot cake is the often lumpy texture. Thick shreds of carrots, big raisins and chopped nuts How to Ice A Cake.