Vickys Lemon Poppy Seed Cake, GF DF EF SF NF.
You can make Vickys Lemon Poppy Seed Cake, GF DF EF SF NF using 19 ingredients and 9 steps. Here is how you make it.
Ingredients of Vickys Lemon Poppy Seed Cake, GF DF EF SF NF
- You need of Dry Ingredients.
- It’s of gluten-free / plain flour.
- Prepare of granulated sugar.
- You need of poppy seeds.
- It’s of baking powder.
- It’s of (scant) xanthan gum if using gluten-free flour.
- Prepare of sea salt.
- It’s of Wet Ingredients.
- You need of coconut milk / milk of choice – 3 tablespoons extra for gluten-free flour.
- You need of melted sunflower spread / butter.
- It’s of lemon juice.
- Prepare of maple syrup.
- It’s of zest of 1 whole lemon.
- Prepare of apple cider vinegar.
- It’s of vanilla extract.
- Prepare of Lemon Glaze.
- Prepare of icing sugar.
- You need of lemon juice.
- It’s of water.
Vickys Lemon Poppy Seed Cake, GF DF EF SF NF step by step
- Preheat the oven to gas 4 / 180C / 350°F and line an 8"cake tin or a 9" x 5" loaf tin.
- Zest and juice a whole lemon. You'll need some of the juice for the cake and some for the icing.
- Whisk the dry ingredients together in a bowl and the wet ingredients including the lemon zest in another.
- Mix the wet into the dry and stir until smooth.
- Pour into the tin and bake 30 – 35 minutes for a cake tin and 40 – 45 minutes for a loaf tin or until a skewer inserted in the middle comes out clean.
- Let cool in the tin for 10 minutes before turning out onto a wire rack.
- To make the glaze add 1 & 1/2 tbsps lemon juice into the icing sugar and mix until combined. Add more lemon juice or water a few drops at a time to thin down to your desired taste and consistency.
- Drizzle over the cooled cake. The cleanest way is to put some parchment paper or clingfilm underneath the cooling rack then once the glaze sets you can just throw the paper away.
- Slice and enjoy!.
recipe by Vicky@Jacks Free-From Cookbook @cookpad