Non-Egg Dairy-Free Chocolate Cake.
You can have Non-Egg Dairy-Free Chocolate Cake using 13 ingredients and 12 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Non-Egg Dairy-Free Chocolate Cake
- It’s of Oatmeal.
- You need of Non-flavored soy milk.
- Prepare of Raw beet sugar (or regular white sugar).
- You need of Natural salt.
- You need of Walnuts.
- You need of Raisins.
- Prepare of Rum or other liquor.
- Prepare of ★Cake flour.
- Prepare of ★Baking powder (aluminium-free).
- You need of ★Unsweetened cocoa.
- You need of For decoration.
- You need of batches Dairy-free Chocolate Cream.
- It’s of Walnuts.
Non-Egg Dairy-Free Chocolate Cake instructions
- Line the cake tin with baking paper. Roughly chop the raisins and flavour with the rum. Roast the walnuts in a oven toaster for 5 minutes and roughly chop..
- Pulverize the oatmeal in a food processor. Fill the steamer with water and set over heat..
- Put the soy milk, sugar, salt, raisins, walnuts, and oatmeal in a bowl and mix well to allow the oatmeal to absorb the liquid ingredients..
- Sift in the ingredients marked with ★ and, using a rubber spatula, fold the mixture together until it's no longer powdery and has an even texture..
- Pour the mixture into the cake tin. Make a slight dent in the center of the mixture using a spatula..
- Once the steam starts rising from the steamer, place the cake tin inside and steam on high heat for 30 minutes. Test to see if the cake is done by inserting a skewer into the center. If it comes out clean, it's ready. This completes the fluffy sponge..
- Once cooked, remove the sponge from the tin and leave to cool. Slice away any parts of the top of the cake which have expanded too much (you can use these slices for taste testing ♪), then slice the cake into 2 layers. I recommend using a wet knife for easy cutting..
- Once the sponge has completely cooled, decorate with the dairy-free chocolate cream..
- To decorate: Spread the chocolate cream over the top of one layer of sponge, then sandwich the other layer on top of that..
- Spread cream over the top of the cake and even it out with a spatula. Lift the cream, a dollop at a time, over the sides of the cake, then evenly spread it all the way around..
- Use the leftover cream to fill in any gaps and smooth everything out with a fork or spatula. Decorate with walnuts to finish..
- When cutting to cake, it's easiest to use a wet knife. Clean the knife after each cut to get a nice, neatly sliced cake..
recipe by cookpad.japan @cookpad