Sophie's wholemeal Hawaiian pizza pocket.
You can cook Sophie's wholemeal Hawaiian pizza pocket using 12 ingredients and 14 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Sophie's wholemeal Hawaiian pizza pocket
- You need of dough.
- It’s of wholemeal flour.
- It’s of salt.
- It’s of brown sugar.
- It’s of sachet yeast.
- You need of warm water.
- Prepare of filling.
- Prepare of grated cheese (up to you what kind, i like a mix of mozzarella and cheddar).
- You need of of ham.
- It’s of tomato paste.
- You need of garlic powder.
- You need of tinned pineapple rings, chopped.
Sophie's wholemeal Hawaiian pizza pocket instructions
- For the dough, mix your dry ingredients. Add your warm water, and mix thoroughly until you have a smooth dough..
- Split your dough in half. Shape each half into a large rectangle, about half a centimetre thick..
- Place onto greased baking trays, sprinkle with flour, and cover with a damp tea towel..
- Place in a warm place for 30-45 minutes..
- Preheat your oven to 160°C..
- Mix your tomato paste and garlic powder. You may need to add a teaspoon of water – it needs to be spreadable..
- When your dough has proven, get it back out. It should have gotten bigger. Stretch it a little to make it a little less than a cm thick..
- Imagine your rectangle of dough is cut in half. Add 1/4 of your cheese to that half, leaving about a half inch gap around edge. Repeat for the other lot of dough..
- Add a slice of ham on top of your cheese. Top this with tomato and garlic paste, repeating on both lots of dough..
- Add half of your pineapple, top that with ham and then cheese..
- Fold over the rectangle to seal in the filling, pinching the edges to ensure it is completely sealed..
- Optional: you can brush the top with a tiny bit of oil and sprinkle with rock salt if you wish..
- Bake for 20-25 minutes or until it starts to turn golden..
- Serve and enjoy!.
recipe by justanothersoph @cookpad