Chocolate and zesty orange cupcakes. Another thing that really gives this Chocolate Orange Cupcake a delicious twist is that there is actually orange zest mixed into the cupcake itself. So you don't just have orange as the frosting you have it in the cupcake. And boy, zest really does add flavor.
Mix the flour, sugar and baking powder together in a food processor. Add the butter and pulse until combined. The Best Orange Zest Cupcakes Recipes on Yummly You can make Chocolate and zesty orange cupcakes using 13 ingredients and 3 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Chocolate and zesty orange cupcakes
- Prepare 1 cup of self raising flour.
- It’s 2/3 cup of sugar.
- Prepare 2 tbsp of coco powder.
- It’s 2 oz of unsalted butter.
- You need 1 of egg.
- It’s 4 oz of milk.
- Prepare 1 of orange zest.
- It’s of cake topping.
- You need 1 of juice from one orange.
- Prepare 1 of water.
- It’s 1 of icing sugar.
- You need 1 of orange zest for decoration.
- Prepare 12 ml of orange juice.
Orange Fudge Cupcakes, Poppyseed Orange Cupcakes, Orange Cupcakes With Burnt Orange Caramel. These cupcakes are fluffy and moist, but sturdy enough to stand up to a generous swirl of frosting. They include a combination of cocoa powder and melted chocolate chips for a deep chocolate flavor. Orange extract, orange zest and a touch of vanilla complement the chocolate flavor perfectly.
Chocolate and zesty orange cupcakes step by step
- Mix cake ingredients together, split into 12 cake cases and bake for 20 mins or until the cakes are cooked..
- When removing cakes from oven, do the stick test. If cooked drizzle with your fresh squeezed orange juice to taste. (do a few drops at a time.e so your cases don't become wet).
- Leave to cool then mix icing sugar and water to make thick paste and sprinkle orange zest on top.
See great recipes for Chocolate and zesty orange cupcakes too! Fill a piping bag with the chocolate buttercream and pipe on top of the cooled cupcakes to decorate. To finish lightly grate some orange zest on top of the cupcakes or use chocolate decorations. These zesty chocolate orange cupcakes, topped with a swirl of buttercream and glossy chocolate curl, are the perfect bake for an afternoon treat or special occasion. Making your own chocolate curls is sure to impress and is easier to do than you may think, why not give it a try?