Root Beer Float Cupcakes. There are a few important elements in this cupcake recipe. I did use real Root Beer to make them, but I also added root beer extract because I really wanted to up the root beer flavor and it's tough to do with the soda alone. Thanks for the scratch cupcake recipe!
And, obviously, a cherry on top. These were a big hit with the friend I sent them home with and his family, and pretty popular in the office, too. Line muffin pans with paper liners. You can have Root Beer Float Cupcakes using 5 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Root Beer Float Cupcakes
- It’s 1 box of White cake mix.
- You need 1 3/4 cup of Root Beer Soda (divided).
- You need 2 of Eggs.
- Prepare 1/4 cup of Canola oil.
- You need 1 envelope of Whipped topping mix (Dream Whip).
Stir together flour, salt and baking powder. Cream together butter and sugar until fluffy. A quick and easy cake that resembles a root beer float. Cake mix, root beer and powdered whipped topping mix are used.
Root Beer Float Cupcakes step by step
- Pre heat oven to 350.
- In a large bowl, mix cake mix, eggs, oil and 1 1/4 cups cold Root Beer Soda.
- Mix for 2 minutes on low speed until well blended.
- Fill cupcake liners in a cupcake tin with batter, 3/4 full.
- Bake for 30 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean.
- In another bowl, mix Dream Whip and 1/2 cup Root Beer. Mix until creamy..
- Let cupcakes cool and top with topping..
Root Beer Float cupcakes are in since school's almost out and the temperature is rising- and that means summer is nearly here! I found this fun, tasty recipe in a brand new cookbook authored by my friend and fellow blogger, Allison Miller of CupcakeDiaries.com. The book is called Sun & Sizzle: Grills to Greens and Everything in Between and it is fantastic! The Root Beer Float Cake is such a hit! I have found that the men that "can take it or leave it" (cake) LOVE this one.