broken glass cupcakes. For a spooky Halloween treat, serve these tasty cupcakes topped with "broken glass." The secret? The "glass" is made from the same recipe we use to make caramel, just cooked for a shorter amount of time so it remains clear. Perfect recipe for a Halloween or April Fool's day party !
Her broken glass cupcakes are the perfect treat to scare up some fun at your next Halloween party. For a spooky Halloween treat, serve these tasty cupcakes topped with "broken glass." The secret? The "glass" is made from the same recipe we use to make caramel, just cooked for a shorter amount of time so it remains clear. You can make broken glass cupcakes using 11 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of broken glass cupcakes
- You need 1 box of red velvet cake mix.
- Prepare 1 of cream cheese frosting.
- It’s 1 of Candy Glass.
- Prepare 1 1/2 cup of water.
- You need 3/4 of sugar.
- You need 1 of candy blood.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of light corn syrup.
- Prepare 1 tbsp of corn starch.
- It’s 1/4 cup of water.
- It’s 14 dash of red food dye.
- You need 2 dash of blue food dye.
The cupcakes and frosting can be made a couple of days in advance but the sugar glass needs to be made the day you want to use it. It will keep for a couple of days once in the cupcake but it becomes sticky and difficult to work with after about half a day. How to make Sugar Glass Shards Halloween Cupcakes. First, you'll need to make glass sugar.
broken glass cupcakes step by step
- prepare the cake mix according to the box, place in cupcake tray bake and let cool as you normally would.
- frost with cream cheese frosting or any white frosting you prefer.
- mix the water and sugar in a deep pot and bring to a boil till all sugar dissolves, then continue to stir until it reaches 300° you can check with a candy thermometer, then quickly pour into a greased pan and let cool completely, this will be your glass shards, simply smack the sheet of hard candy to create the glass shards.
- to make candy blood put the corn syrup in a bowl along with the corn starch then slowly add the water until it reaches your desired consistency, then add the blue and red food color.
- lastly you take your frosted cupcakes, shove one shard of candy glass in each cake and top with"blood".
Clip the candy thermometer to the sauce pan. Combine the ingredients and stir until it begins to boil. When it starts to boil, don't stir. Just let the bubbles work their magic. The perfect cupcakes for your next Halloween party!