Date and Walnut Cake.
You can have Date and Walnut Cake using 12 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you make that.
Ingredients of Date and Walnut Cake
- You need 1.5 cup of all-purpose flour.
- Prepare 1/2 teaspoon of baking soda.
- It’s 1 teaspoon of baking powder.
- It’s 1/4 teaspoon of salt.
- You need 1/2 cup of milk.
- You need 100 gram of chopped dates.
- You need 50 gram of chopped walnuts.
- It’s 1/2 cup of oil.
- You need 1 cup of powdered sugar.
- You need 1/2 tbsp of butter.
- It’s 1 of egg.
- You need 1 teaspoon of lemon juice.
Date and Walnut Cake step by step
- Soak dates in 1/2 cup warm milk for 1 hour or until soft..
- Sieve flour, baking soda, baking powder and salt for 3 times..
- Add sugar, oil, butter and egg yolk in a bowl and beat everything well. Now add lemon juice and milk from the soaked dates to it and beat it again..
- Keep adding flour little by little and keep beating until all the flour is used. Now add chopped walnuts (reserving some to sprinkle on the cake) and soaked dates to it and beat it again..
- Add egg white and beat to mix everything well. Pour the mixture in the greased baking tin and tap it well. Sprinkle some chopped walnuts over it and bake the cake in a preheated oven at 180 degree for 35 minutes. Now lower the temperature to 160 degree and bake it for 10 to 15 minutes or until done. Let it cool down for 10 minutes then take it out from the tin and transfer it to a wire rack to cool down completely at room temperature..
- Serve date and walnut cake with a hot cup of tea or coffee..
- Note: if you want to make it eggless then just replace the egg with 1/3 cup of yoghurt. All other ingredients and method will remain same. All-purpose flour can be replaced with wheat flour and instead of white sugar, brown sugar can be used to make a healthier version..
recipe by spice queen @cookpad