Quick Vegetarian Banh Bao Xa Xiu.
You can cook Quick Vegetarian Banh Bao Xa Xiu using 9 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Quick Vegetarian Banh Bao Xa Xiu
- You need of biscuits (not butter kind).
- Prepare of cooked xa xiu (check other recipe).
- You need of carrot minced.
- You need of celery stalk diced.
- It’s of vegetarian ground beef.
- Prepare of cabbage chopped or diced.
- Prepare of vegetarian oyster sauce.
- It’s of ground pepper.
- It’s of cilantro leaved for decoration.
Quick Vegetarian Banh Bao Xa Xiu instructions
- Stuffing: fry in nonstick pan: carrot, cabbage, celery, ground beef, ground pepper, oyster sauce. I didn't use any oil, but you can add 1 tbs for flavor or not..
- Cut parchment paper 3 x 3 inches per banh bao..
- Open biscuit cans, separate 2 biscuits for each banh bao. You can use rolling pin ir flatten it with your hand to a pancake size. Put 1 1/2 tbs of filling and few pieces of xa xiu in the middle of flattened biscuit. Fold rim up to make a ball..
- Top with cilantro leaf and place on parchment paper 3 x 3. Than into the steamer..
- In the boiling water under the steamer, add 3 tbs of vinegar to keep the banh bao white. Steam the banh bao for 20 minutes. Done..
recipe by Vegetarian Recipes @cookpad