Oreo Cupcakes. If desired, sprinkle with additional cookie crumbs and garnish with mini Oreo cookies. Spray muffin tins with nonstick cooking spray or line with paper liners. In a large bowl, mix together the cake and pudding mixes, sour cream, oil, beaten eggs and water.
While cupcakes are baking make the frosting. Variation: To make plain vanilla cupcakes, simply omit the Oreos. Add the heavy whipping cream and vanilla extract and mix on medium-high speed until the mixture is well combined and creamy. You can cook Oreo Cupcakes using 14 ingredients and 1 steps. Here is how you make that.
Ingredients of Oreo Cupcakes
- You need of For the cupcakes.
- It’s 1 box of Triple chocolate cake mix.
- Prepare 1 cup of Vegetable oil.
- It’s 1 box of Large box of unprepared chocolate pudding.
- You need 1 cup of Sour cream.
- Prepare 4 of Eggs.
- You need 1/2 cup of Water.
- It’s 1 cup of Semi-sweet chocolate chips.
- It’s 6 of Very Chopped Oreos.
- It’s of For the frosting.
- Prepare 8 oz of Box of cream cheese (room temp).
- Prepare 4 cup of Powdered sugar.
- It’s 1 tbsp of Vanilla.
- It’s 1 packages of 8oz cool whip (thawed).
OREO Buttercream Frosting After filling the cupcakes, prepare the frosting. Crush the OREO cookies in a food processor or blender. Beat the softened butter in a stand mixer until light and fluffy. Oreo bottom cupcakes are made using an easy doctored up white cake mix recipe!
Oreo Cupcakes step by step
- 1. Preheat oven to 350°F 2. Mix together the cake mix, oil, unprepared pudding, sour cream, eggs, and water. Then add in chocolate chips and finely chopped Oreos. 3. Bake in cupcake liners for about 18 mins. 4. While the cupcakes cool, make the frosting. 5. Beat the cream cheese and vanilla together until smooth and fluffy. Slowly add in the sugar while continuing to mix the cream cheese mixture. 6. On a low speed, add in the cool whip. 7. You may need to allow the frosting to set up in the refrigerator while the cupcakes continue to cool. Make sure the cupcake are all the way cool before adding frosting. 8. Put your frosting in a pastry bag. 9. Stick the point of the pastry bag into the cupcake and squeeze a little frosting into the center. You will see the cupcake puff up. 10. Then frost the cupcakes like normal and sprinkle with crushed Oreo.11. If you’d like, stick a piece of leftover Oreo in the frosting, for a little flair and extra cookie goodness..
Place an oreo in the bottom of the muffin pan, then top with cake batter and bake. Frost the vanilla oreo cupcakes with oreo frosting. Chocolate Oreo Cupcakes pair perfectly with cookies and cream frosting made with Oreos! I took one of my favorite frosting recipes that I used on these Better Than Sex Cupcakes and simply added some Oreo cookies that I crushed in the food processor. I placed an oreo into each cupcake case, then added the batter on top.