Date and Walnut Cake.
You can have Date and Walnut Cake using 9 ingredients and 9 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Date and Walnut Cake
- Prepare 250 gms of flour.
- You need 100 gms of pitted dates.
- Prepare 100 gms of walnuts (coarsely crushed).
- You need 80 gms of butter.
- You need 150 gms of condensed milk.
- You need 3-4 drops of vanilla essence.
- You need 1 tsp. of baking powder.
- Prepare 1/2 tsp. of baking soda.
- You need pinch of salt.
Date and Walnut Cake step by step
- Sieve the flour, baking powder and baking soda together.
- Chop the dates into 1/2 inch pieces.
- Microwave for 1 minute in 1/2 cup water. Cool and mash.
- Cream the butter and condensed milk at slow speed till light and creamy.
- Add the date pulp and mix well.
- Add the flour mixture slowly till well blended.
- Mix in the walnuts.
- Pour the mixture in s greased tin and bake in s pre heated oven at 160 degree Celsius for 45 minutes.
- Let it cool and enjoy..
recipe by Javeri @cookpad