Boston Cream Cupcakes. In a small bowl, cream shortening and sugar until light and fluffy. Combine the flour, baking powder and salt; add to the creamed mixture alternately with milk, beating well after each addition. Prepare cake mix according to package directions.
A great twist on the classic flavor! These cupcakes make a great addition to any party table! Try toting them to your next holiday party and watch how happy you can make your friends or coworkers! You can make Boston Cream Cupcakes using 3 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Boston Cream Cupcakes
- Prepare 1 box of butter cake mix and ingredients on box.
- It’s 1 box of vanilla pudding and ingredients on box.
- It’s 1 can of milk chocolate frosting.
In the bowl of a stand mixer, combine the flour, sugar, baking powder and salt on low speed. Add the butter one piece at time and mix until the mixture resembles coarse sand. Sometimes when a craving hits, you don't have time to make the full blown version of an outrageous Boston-Cream-Pie. so this is the next best thing! My son recently craving my Boston Cream Cake settled for this a less time consuming version.
Boston Cream Cupcakes instructions
- Prepare pudding as directed. Place in refrigerator..
- Prepare cupcakes with cake mix as directed..
- Cool cupcakes completely..
- Poke a hole in center of each cupcake with the end of a wooden spoon..
- Using a pastry bag or Ziploc bag with end cut off and filled with pudding, push tip into hole and put very slight pressure on the bag. Stop when you start to see pudding at the top of the hole..
- Frost cupcakes..
- These must be kept refrigerated since they contain pudding. Enjoy!.
Although you start with a cake mix for the cupcakes, the pastry cream and ganache make these little baby's a perfect individual dessert to serve! Boston Cream Cupcakes are a mini version of the classic with soft, fluffy, cupcakes, vanilla pastry cream filling, and a rich, decadent chocolate ganache. Gracious talks endlessly about his love for Boston Cream doughnuts. I mean, seriously, the man loves his doughnuts. A classic American dessert is made into bite-sized cupcakes by slicing the the cake and filling with a traditional vanilla cream.