Home smoked ham.
You can make Home smoked ham using 10 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Home smoked ham
- You need of unsmoked ham.
- You need of barbecue seasoning.
- It’s of BBQ seasoning.
- You need of cumin powder.
- It’s of coriander powder.
- You need of mustard powder.
- Prepare of ground black pepper.
- Prepare of smoked paprika.
- It’s of salt.
- It’s of brown sugar.
Home smoked ham step by step
- Make sure the ham is trimmed of excess fat. Cover as evenly as possible with the rub, wrap in cling film and leave to marinade – ideally over night..
- Remove ham from the fridge and light your BBQ, leaving the coals to one side for indirect cooking. Opposite the coals, place a foil tray and add some water..
- When the coals are white, add your smoke wood of choice (Apple or hickory works best). Cover and allow the wood to catch. Wait ten minutes..
- Unwrap the ham and place on the grille over the pan of water. Replace the lid and leave to cook in the smoke for 1 1/2 to 2 hours – at around 150C..
- Remove the ham and wrap in foil. Return to the grille and cook for a further 2-3 hours adding fuel to maintain the temperature of necessary..
- When the ham is cooked (should be around 70C internal temp), remove and allow to rest till cool enough to carve. Serve with your choice of sides..
recipe by Darren Wright @cookpad