Rustic Smoked Salmon Fishcakes. Adam Gray's Salmon and smoked haddock fishcakes with tomato mayo involves plenty of opportunities for little hands to get nicely In a thick-bottomed saucepan, add the salmon and the smoked haddock, cover with milk. Place the pan over a medium heat and bring to the boil. Using leftover crispy roast potatoes adds an extra dimension to these luxury fish cakes (but you could use plain or Mash roast potatoes well in a large bowl.
Place all of the remaining fishcake ingredients into a food processor and Spoon three large rounds of hot-smoked salmon mixture into the pan and fry for two minutes on each side, until golden and cooked through. Salmon fishcakes are a great party food option. Make this simple recipe in advance so you're always ready during the festive period. You can have Rustic Smoked Salmon Fishcakes using 10 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Rustic Smoked Salmon Fishcakes
- You need 2 of Cooked Smoked Salmon Fillets.
- It’s 1 cup of Fresh Parsley.
- Prepare 1 of Chopped Red Onion.
- Prepare 1/4 cup of Butter (for mash).
- Prepare 1/4 of Plain Flour.
- It’s 1/2 cup of Breadcrumbs.
- It’s Knob of Butter (for mash).
- Prepare 3 tbsp of Olive Oil.
- It’s 8 of medium sized Potatoes.
- It’s of 1/4 Cream, preferably double cream.
Serve hot with mayonnaise, salad and tomatoes. Top tip for making Smoked salmon fishcakes. To freeze: Open-freeze the uncooked fish cakes on a board or tray then. Far lighter than their breadcrumb-coated relations, these bite-sized fishcakes are also much punchier.
Rustic Smoked Salmon Fishcakes instructions
- Boil the peeled potatoes until soft. Drain the water. Add a knob of butter and the cream to mixture and mash vigorously until smooth, fluffy with no lumps. Pop in the red onions and parsley, mix through the mash..
- In a separate bowl you’ll have already flaked the cooked salmon with a fork. Add the flakes salmon to the mashed potatoes and fork it through evenly..
- Then scoop out a palmful of the potatoes mixture. Place on surface and shape into a thick, round Pattie. Then coat with flour, followed by the breadcrumbs. Place on a non stick baking tray and pop it in the oven at 180 degrees (fan assisted) for about 30-35 minutes or until almost crispy and golden..
- You can serve this with a fresh green salad or a veg of your choice!.
Add to the salmon, season, and beat in the yolks and salad onions. Smoked salmon fishcakes by Dick and James Strawbridge. Fishcakes are very popular in our household, and our fishcake recipe results in a lumpy fusion of spicy, piquant flavours. I am on a bit of a healthy eating drive at the moment, and decided that these yummy fishcakes might be just the thing for everyone to enjoy. Smoked mackerel fishcakes aren't just healthy to eat, they're delicious.