Easter cake pops.
You can make Easter cake pops using 12 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you make that.
Ingredients of Easter cake pops
- It’s of For the sponge.
- You need 200 g of self-rising flour.
- You need of for sponge mix.
- Prepare 200 g of softened butter.
- You need 200 g of caster sugar.
- Prepare 2 tablespoons of milk.
- Prepare 4 of eggs.
- It’s 1 of tea spoon of baking powder.
- Prepare of For the icing.
- It’s of heart and star shaped sprinkles.
- It’s of black food colouring gel.
- You need sticks of cake pop.
Easter cake pops step by step
- Make a Victoria sponge by mixing all the sponge ingredients with food mixer until smooth and fluffy..
- Put sponge mix in a baking tin and cook for 20 mins at [insert heat ].
- When cooked leave aside to cool. Quick tip: insert a clean knife and if blade is clean the sponge is cooked..
- When cool, crumble sponge in a bowl and roll into balls, this batch should make approx 30 balls..
- Pop sticks on the end. Melt candy but be careful not to over heat..
- Dip the balls into the candy melt and stick in a block of polystyrene..
- Add eyes by using black food colouring and add heart sprinkles to make the mouth and star sprinkles for the feet..
recipe by Ant Sullivan @cookpad