Tangerine dream cupcakes. Remove from pan; let cool on rack. I have a recipe called Tangerine Orange Bundt Cake that is identical to this it's my husband's favorite and I've been making it for years. I have a tangerine tree in the backyard that is overflowing with fruit right now so it's a perfect time to make this decadent cake.
This Tangerine Drizzle Cake recipe is really simple, while the outcome is anything but! This cake is super moist, flavorful and the tangerine glaze is the perfect finishing touch. When I was a kid, my mom used to make an orange cake for my brother's birthday every year. You can make Tangerine dream cupcakes using 14 ingredients and 9 steps. Here is how you make it.
Ingredients of Tangerine dream cupcakes
- It’s 2 cup of flour.
- You need 1 tsp of baking powder.
- It’s 1/4 tsp of baking soda.
- You need 1 pinch of salt.
- You need 1/2 cup of butter.
- It’s 1 1/2 cup of sugar.
- Prepare 1 tbsp of grated tangerine zest.
- You need 1/2 cup of tangerine juice.
- You need 5 of extra tangerines for decorating.
- It’s 2 of eggs.
- Prepare 3 cup of sweetened coconut flakes.
- It’s 2 cup of mini marshmallows.
- You need 1 1/4 cup of whipping cream.
- Prepare 3 tbsp of sugar.
I hated it because it reminded me of baby aspirin. For the cake: Mix the flour, granulated sugar, baking soda and salt in a medium bowl. Remove from the oven and let cool completely before icing. Ice the cakes, as desired, and serve.
Tangerine dream cupcakes step by step
- Preheat oven to 350°F and grease and line muffin tin with cupcake liners..
- Combine flour, baking soda, baking powder, and salt and set aside..
- Beat the butter, sugar, and tangerine zest until fluffy. Add eggs one at a time, beating until well combined..
- Add about 1/3 of the flour mixture to the egg/sugar mixture and beat until combined. Add about 1/3 of the tangerine juice and beat until combined. Repeat until all of the flour and juice has been adding in..
- Pour batter into cupcake liners and bake 25-30 minutes. A toothpick should come out clean. Let muffins cool..
- Ok honestly, I really struggled with the frosting. I envisioned a marshmallow flavored frosting that would be stiff enough to pipe out of an icing bag and then I planned on making a little icing tower and dipping it in coconut flakes. But I failed haha. Mine was a thick but liquid frosting and I messed with it for a long time and eventually gave up so I think this is what I did after all the experimenting. If I were to try again though, I would probably try beating whipping cream and sugar and adding in marshmallow fluff..
- Melt marshmallows and a little whipping cream in a saucepan. Remove from heat once it's liquid and beat with another cup or so of whipping cream and additional sugar. I beat it for like 20 minutes and then left it in my fridge covered over night..
- The next day, I stirred the frosting and put it on the cupcakes. Wait about 30 seconds until frosting stops dripping and then dunk frosting side down into a plate of coconut flakes..
- Let them sit for a few minutes. Add a sprinkle more of coconut flakes to each one. Decorate with tangerine slices and rind spirals..
Tangerine Icing: Mix together the butter, cream cheese and confectioner's sugar together in a large bowl. In a small bowl, combine the yogurt, egg, butter and milk until smooth; stir into dry ingredients just until moistened. Learn how to cook great Lavender tangerine dream cupcakes. Crecipe.com deliver fine selection of quality Lavender tangerine dream cupcakes recipes equipped with ratings, reviews and mixing tips. In a small bowl, combine the yogurt, egg, butter and milk until smooth; stir into dry ingredients just until moistened.