Wheat flour jaggery cake.
You can have Wheat flour jaggery cake using 11 ingredients and 11 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Wheat flour jaggery cake
- You need 150 grams of wheat flour.
- You need 1 1/2 tsp of Baking Powder.
- You need 1/2 tsp of Baking Soda.
- You need 3/4 tsp of Cinnamon Powder.
- You need 1/2 tsp of Ginger Powder.
- It’s 1/4 tsp of Salt.
- You need 1/2 cup of Honey.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of Oil.
- You need 1/2 cup of powdered jaggery.
- You need 3/4 cup of Water.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of broken nuts (walnuts, almond and cashews).
Wheat flour jaggery cake instructions
- Preheat oven to 180 degree C. Grease a pan well with oil. Set aside..
- Chop all the nuts. Toss the nuts in 1tbsp of flour and keep aside.
- In a sauce pan, take 1/2 cup of water and bring it to a boil. Take it off the heat and add it to a boil. Take it off the heat and add in honey and mix well..
- Now add in baking soda and mix well. Now add in 1/4 cup of water and mix well. Set aside so it gets cold..
- Now In another bowl, add flour, baking powder, salt, cinnamon, ginger powder and mix well. Set aside..
- In another bowl, take oil, jaggery or brown sugar and mix well..
- Now add in half of the flour mix in and fold gently. Now add in all the honey mix and whisk well.Add in the remaining flour and mix well..
- Add the Nuts and mix them in the batter. Can keep some to place them on the top..
- The batter will be very runny. Pour this batter in the cake pan and bake this for 40 to 45 mins till a tooth pick inserted comes out clean..
- Now remove it from oven and cool it down completely..
- Once it has cooled down unmould it from the pan. Slice and enjoy…
recipe by Ruchika Anand @cookpad