Date & Walnut Cake.
You can have Date & Walnut Cake using 11 ingredients and 10 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Date & Walnut Cake
- You need 200 grams of Stoned dried dates, chopped.
- You need 30 grams of butter.
- It’s 1 tsp of bicarbonate of soda.
- It’s 240 ml of boiling water.
- It’s 140 grams of light muscovado sugar.
- It’s 2 of eggs.
- It’s 280 grams of plain flour.
- Prepare 2 tsp of baking powder.
- You need 1 1/2 tsp of ground mixed spice.
- Prepare 1 pinch of salt.
- Prepare 115 grams of chopped walnuts.
Date & Walnut Cake step by step
- Preheat the oven to 180°(350°F) Gas mark 4.
- Place the dates in a bowl with the butter & bicarbonate of soda. Pour over the boiling water and stir until the butter has melted. Set aside to cool.
- Place the sugar & eggs in a large bowl and beat well to combine..
- Add the cooled date mixture.
- Sift in rhe flour, baking powder, mixed spice and salt..
- Add the walnuts and stir all the ingredients until thoroughly mixed..
- Pour the mixture into a lightly greased 18 cm round deep cake tin linwd with baking parchment.
- Level the top and cook for 1 -11/4 hours or until the cake has risen and nicely browned and a skewer inserted in the middle comes out clean.
- Turn out onto a wire rack and leave to cool.
- The cake can be kept wrapped in foil or in an airtight container for up to 5 days.
recipe by Randyn @cookpad