Gingerbread Cupcakes. Spiced gingerbread cupcake recipe with tangy, sweet cream cheese frosting. Moist and flavorful, these homemade cupcakes are the perfect treat during the holidays! The robust ginger flavor of these cupcakes is mellowed by the maple frosting's sweetness.
In a large bowl, whisk together the dry ingredients (flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt, and spices). They're topped with layer of tangy lemon icing for the ideal (and Drizzled with a bit of lemon icing, the citrus aggressively compliments the rich ginger-n-spice. These gingerbread cupcakes are topped with a delicious gingerbread-spiced cream cheese frosting! You can make Gingerbread Cupcakes using 17 ingredients and 9 steps. Here is how you make that.
Ingredients of Gingerbread Cupcakes
- It’s 1 3/4 cup of all-purpose flour.
- You need 1 tsp of baking soda.
- It’s 1 tbsp of ground ginger.
- Prepare 2 tsp of ground cinnamon.
- Prepare 1/4 tsp of ground cloves.
- Prepare 1/4 tsp of salt.
- Prepare 4 oz of unsalted butter, at room temperature.
- It’s 1 of large egg.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of light brown sugar, packed.
- You need 1 tsp of vanilla extract.
- You need 1 cup of molasses.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of raisins.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of boiling water.
- You need of GARNISH.
- You need 1 of recipe Stabalized Wipped Cream, recipe attached in step 9 of the directions.
- It’s of sprinkles and cinnamon candies.
- You need 1 of recipe for Creamy Vanilla buttercream as an alternative to Whipped cream recipe attached in direction step 9.
The cupcakes are easy to make with step-by-step directions. These Perfect Gingerbread Cupcakes start from a moist and perfectly spiced ginger batter that creates the most sensational holiday-ready ginger cupcakes you will ever have! These easy ginger cupcakes are full of warm spices and make a great alternative Christmas bake. Gingerbread cupcakes with salted caramel icing.
Gingerbread Cupcakes step by step
- Preheat oven to 375. Line 18 standard cupcake tins with FOIL.liners or grease and flour well. Paper liners stick to the cupcakes and are hard to peel off..
- In a medium bowl combine flour, baking soda, ginger, cinnamon, cloves and salt.
- In a large bowl beat butter,sugar, vanilla and egg until well blended.
- Add molasses and beat in..
- Add flour mixture and beat just until combined..
- Add boiling water and mix just until smooth. Mix in raisins.
- Fill prepared cupcake tins evenly..
- Bake 12 to 15 minutes until a toothpick comes out clean. Don't overbake, they may sink a but that is normal..
- Cool in pan 5 minutes then cool on wire racks. Serve with whipped cream and sprinkles.and cinnamon cndies. Whipped cream recipe attached below. Also as alternative to whipped cream these can be frosted with vanilla buttercream frosting. Recipe below https://cookpad.com/us/recipes/343417-stabilized-whipped-cream-for-frosting-topping-and-dipping https://cookpad.com/us/recipes/367337-basic-creamy-vanilla-buttercream-frosting.
And Christine P. specifically mentioned gingerbread cupcakes. One of these years I'm going to get around to sharing my favorite gingerbread cake with whipped cream and bananas, but for now, let's. These cupcakes are my new favourites. Rich, Christmas spices, a moist and chewy cake, making that perfect gingerbread texture (in my not so humble opinion). All topped with a salted caramel.