You can make Turkey Croquettes using 12 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Turkey Croquettes
- It’s 1 pound of ground turkey or minced leftover cooked turkey.
- It’s 1/2 cup of breadcrumbs.
- You need 1/4 cup of finely minced celery.
- Prepare 1 tablespoons of dried onion (rehydrated).
- You need 1/2 can of carrots finely minced.
- You need 1 tablespoon of parsley.
- Prepare 1/2 tsp. of pepper.
- Prepare 1/4 tsp. of salt (if desired).
- You need 1/4 tsp. of garlic powder.
- Prepare 2 of egg whites or 1/3 cup egg substitute.
- You need 1/2 cup of breadcrumbs for coating.
- You need of Pure olive oil for frying.
Turkey Croquettes instructions
- Combine all ingedients (except oil and the 1/2 cup breadcrumbs used for coating) in a large bowl. Mix well. Make sure to rehydrate the onions before adding to mixture..
- Scoop out 1/3 cup portions, make a ball then press them down onto the rest of the breadcrumbs to make a small thick patty. Place aside..
- Preheat oven to 400 degress. Heat oil in a sauté pan. Brown each croquette on both sides cooking through, drain on paper towels and set aside..
- Place browned croquettes on a cookie sheet or pan and bake for another 15 minutes or so. This will crisp them up and put a nice crust on them while you make your side dish or gravy..
- Serve covered with your favorite packaged or canned turkey gravy or even country gravy..