Healthy Low Fat Turkey Meatballs. I just like the taste of turkey, end of story. Instead of starchy rice, I used the superfood quinoa and mixed it with seasoned black beans and lime juice. Low in carbs and fat and high in protein.
My husband who is Italian loved them! Lightly spray an oven tray with olive oil. Turkey is one of the most protein-rich meats, and it's also low in saturated fats. You can cook Healthy Low Fat Turkey Meatballs using 6 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Healthy Low Fat Turkey Meatballs
- You need 500 g of turkey mince.
- Prepare 1 of large egg.
- You need 20 g of shredded parmesan cheese.
- It’s 30 g of wholemeal bread crumbs.
- Prepare 50 g of pesto (olive, mixed peppers and sundried tomato).
- You need of salt and pepper.
The low-fat, high-protein turkey meat is a good source of vitamins, minerals and trace elements. The B vitamin plays a role in nutrient metabolism and contributes to energy production; it also promotes the formation of certain. I profile she dryed you low fat turkey. Swap in light ingredients and nutritious pairings for a healthier meal.
Healthy Low Fat Turkey Meatballs instructions
- Pre heat oven to 180c and lightly spray an oven tray with olive oil..
- In a large mixing bowl add all the ingredients together, season with salt and pepper and mix until bound all together..
- Roll the turkey mix into small balls and place on the oiled tray you should get 24 meatballs all up..
- Add meatballs to your favourite pasta or on rice. They are nice with a tomato based sauce or a creamy garlic sauce like alfredo..
- Tip You can use any type of bread crumbs like gluten free, panko or just plan. Also you could use a plain sundried tomato pesto instead of the olive and mixed pepper..
This low-calorie meatball sub cuts down on fat so you don't eat too much saturated fat while you nosh on this old favorite. In this healthy turkey meatball recipe, a base of sautéed mushrooms, celery and garlic adds flavor and helps keep calories in check and portions hearty. Low-fat turkey chili makes an ideal family supper on cold nights or on game day. Serve with a dollop of fat-free sour cream or yogurt on top. It's a good alternative to ground beef.