Nutty Spiced Eggless Carrot Cake (whole Wheat and Jaggery).
You can have Nutty Spiced Eggless Carrot Cake (whole Wheat and Jaggery) using 15 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Nutty Spiced Eggless Carrot Cake (whole Wheat and Jaggery)
- Prepare 3 cups of Carrots finely grated.
- It’s 2 Cups of whole Wheat flour.
- Prepare 1 cup of powdered Jaggery.
- It’s 3/4 cup of Groundnut oil or Olive oil.
- It’s 1 1/2 cup of Buttermilk or leftover whey(from homemade paneer).
- It’s 1/4 cup of Walnuts chopped.
- It’s 1/4 cup of Cashewnuts chopped.
- You need 1/4 cup of Raisins.
- You need 1 tsp of Cinnamon powder.
- You need 1 tsp of ground Nutmeg.
- Prepare 3/4 tsp of Baking powder.
- You need 1/2 tsp of Baking Soda.
- Prepare 2 tsp of Apple Cider Vinegar.
- It’s 1 tsp of Vanilla essence.
- Prepare 1/4 tsp of Salt.
Nutty Spiced Eggless Carrot Cake (whole Wheat and Jaggery) instructions
- Firstly wash, peel and finely grate the carrots and keep aside..
- Sift together and combine all the dry ingredients, whole wheat flour, baking powder, baking soda, cinnamon powder, ground nutmeg & salt..
- Preheat the oven at 180°C and grease/dust the cake mould/tin. Dust the nuts and raisins and keep aside..
- Blend together all the wet ingredients, oil, powdered jaggery, buttermilk(lukewarm milk+2 tsp vinegar) or leftover whey (from homemade paneer), vanilla essence to a smooth mixture. (I used food processor for blending).
- Now combine wet ingredients to dry ingredients. Add grated carrot, nuts and raisins too. Mix everything well to form a somooth cake batter. Adjust the batter consistency by adding some more milk, buttermilk or whey..
- Pour cake batter to the baking mould and bake at 180°C in a preheated oven for 45-60 mins till toothpick comes out clean. Once cooled, Enjoy this healthy cake slices with family!.
recipe by food_my_soul @cookpad