Italian stuffed peppers with turkey and quinoa. This Italian Stuffed Peppers recipe is gluten-free and could easily be made dairy-free by omitting the cheese on top although it does make them extra delicious! And thanks to the Hodgson Mill Sorghum, Quinoa, & Brown rice side, these beauties are full of fiber, protein and minerals! I love stuffed peppers stuffed with just about anything, but these turkey stuffed peppers filled with ground turkey and brown rice, seasoned with Sprinkled the turkey with Italian seasoning and red pepper flakes.
Cook five more minutes (cheese will melt and begin to brown). I filled these green peppers with ground turkey, quinoa, red sauce and Italian seasonings. Once the turkey is browned, shut off the heat and fold in the quinoa, kale and pepitas. You can cook Italian stuffed peppers with turkey and quinoa using 16 ingredients and 3 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Italian stuffed peppers with turkey and quinoa
- It’s 2 Tbsp of avocado oil.
- It’s 1/2 tsp of sweet paprika.
- Prepare 1/2 of Italian seasoning.
- You need 1/2 of onion.
- You need 2 of garlic cloves.
- It’s 1 can of diced tomatoes.
- Prepare of Few dashes of Worcester sauce.
- It’s 2 cups of favorite tomato sauce.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of red wine or white wine.
- It’s 1 tsp of fresh Thyme.
- Prepare 1/4 cup of grated Parmesan.
- You need Packet of ground turkey.
- You need 4 of peppers.
- It’s of Shredded cheese for top (mozz recommended).
- You need 1 1/2 cup of cooked quinoa.
- Prepare of Fresh basil for garnish.
Mix to incorporate all ingredients thoroughly. Add a drizzle of olive oil to lightly moisten and season with salt and pepper. Healthy Mexican Quinoa and Turkey Stuffed Peppers. Stuffed Peppers with Turkey & Quinoa.
Italian stuffed peppers with turkey and quinoa step by step
- Toast dry spices in avocado oil for a few mins. Add onion,garlic, thyme and cook till translucent. Add turkey and cook till no pink shows. Add can tomatoes, tomato sauce and wine and allow to reduce. Add Parmesan and allow to melt..
- Mix quinoa to the turkey mixture..
- Cut peppers in half and remove stems and seeds. Put peppers on a sheet pan and fill with turkey quinoa mixture. Top peppers with shredded cheese. Bake at 400 for 15 mins or until peppers are tender. Top with fresh basil..
Roasted red peppers filled with spiced ground turkey and quinoa. A nutrient powerhouse of colorful vegetables stuffed with lean protein. Fill the pepper halves with the turkey-quinoa mixture, then spoon some of the tomato sauce mixture over the peppers; pour the rest on the bottom of the dish. Add in the turkey and Italian seasoning, and cook until no longer pink. In a large bowl, combine the quinoa and turkey mixture.