Are you searching for a delicious, healthy, and easy-to-make dessert recipe? Look no further than this low histamine apple cardamom pound cake! Not only is it gluten-free, dairy-free, vegan, and corn-free, but it also packs a flavorful punch with the addition of warm cardamom and juicy apples.
- 1 1/2 cups almond flour
- 1/2 cup coconut flour
- 1/2 cup coconut sugar
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp ground cardamom
- 1/2 cup unsweetened applesauce
- 1/4 cup coconut oil, melted
- 1/4 cup almond milk
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 medium apple, peeled and grated
- Preheat the oven to 350°F and grease a loaf pan with coconut oil.
- In a large mixing bowl, whisk together the almond flour, coconut flour, coconut sugar, baking powder, baking soda, sea salt, cinnamon, and cardamom.
- Add the applesauce, melted coconut oil, almond milk, and vanilla extract to the dry ingredients and stir until well combined.
- Stir in the grated apple.
- Pour the batter into the prepared loaf pan and smooth the top with a spatula.
- Bake for 45-50 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted into the center of the cake comes out clean.
- Allow the cake to cool in the pan for 10 minutes before removing it from the pan and placing it on a wire rack to cool completely.
- Slice and serve!
- Serving Size: 1 slice
- Calories: 190
- Total Fat: 13g
- Saturated Fat: 6g
- Cholesterol: 0mg
- Sodium: 200mg
- Total Carbohydrates: 16g
- Dietary Fiber: 4g
- Sugars: 7g
- Protein: 4g
Preparation Time: 15 minutes Cooking Time: 45-50 minutes Total Time: 1 hour 5 minutes
- Loaf pan
- Mixing bowls
This apple cardamom pound cake is delicious on its own or topped with a dollop of coconut yogurt and fresh berries. It also pairs well with a cup of hot tea or coffee.
- Substitute the grated apple with grated carrot or zucchini for a different flavor and texture.
- Add a 1/2 cup of chopped nuts, such as walnuts or pecans, for extra crunch.
- Swap the almond milk for your favorite non-dairy milk, such as oat or soy milk.
- Replace the coconut sugar with maple syrup or honey for a different sweetness level.
- If you don’t have almond flour, you can substitute it with another nut flour, such as hazelnut or cashew flour.
- If you don’t have coconut flour, you can substitute it with another gluten-free flour, such as brown rice flour or buckwheat flour.
- If you don’t have coconut oil, you can substitute it with another oil, such as olive oil or avocado oil.
- If you don’t have applesauce, you can substitute it with mashed banana or pumpkin puree.
Store this apple cardamom pound cake in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 5 days. It can also be frozen for up to 3 months.
- Make sure to use unsweetened applesauce to keep the sugar content low.
- Grate the apple finely to ensure it cooks evenly throughout the cake.
- Don’t overmix the batter, as this can result in a tough cake.
- Allow the cake to cool completely before slicing to prevent it from falling apart.
This low histamine apple cardamom pound cake is perfect for those with histamine intolerance, as it contains only low-histamine ingredients. Additionally, it is gluten-free, dairy-free, vegan, and corn-free, making it suitable for those with various dietary restrictions.
Frequently Asked Questions
- Can I use a different type of flour?
- Can I use a different type of oil?
- Can I leave out the cardamom?
Yes, you can substitute the almond flour and coconut flour with other gluten-free flours. However, keep in mind that this may affect the texture and flavor of the cake.
Yes, you can substitute the coconut oil with another oil, such as olive oil or avocado oil. However, this may affect the flavor of the cake.
Yes, you can omit the cardamom if you don’t have it on hand. However, it adds a warm and spicy flavor to the cake.
This low histamine apple cardamom pound cake is a delicious and healthy dessert option for those with various dietary restrictions. It’s easy to make and packs a flavorful punch with the addition of warm cardamom and juicy apples. Give it a try and impress your friends and family with your baking skills!