Egg- & Dairy-Free Sweet Potato and Apple Pie.
You can cook Egg- & Dairy-Free Sweet Potato and Apple Pie using 11 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Egg- & Dairy-Free Sweet Potato and Apple Pie
- Prepare of Filling:.
- You need 2 of Apples.
- Prepare 1 of Asian sweet potato.
- It’s 2 tbsp of Beet sugar.
- You need of Pie crust:.
- You need 200 grams of Cake flour.
- It’s 1 pinch of Salt.
- It’s 65 ml of Oil.
- Prepare 65 ml of Apple juice.
- You need of Glaze:.
- You need 1 tbsp of Maple syrup.
Egg- & Dairy-Free Sweet Potato and Apple Pie step by step
- Peel the apples, and cut into 8 equal portions. Remove the core and slice into 5-mm quarter-rounds. Peel the sweet potato and slice it into pieces the same size as the apples..
- Add the ingredients from Step 1 into a pan, cover and simmer over low heat. Once the apple becomes transparent and sweet potato is tender, add the beet sugar and mix until dissolved..
- Combine the cake flour and salt in a bowl. Pour in the oil and work it into the flour using both hands. Add the apple juice and mix. Be careful not to knead the dough too much..
- Bring the mixture of Step 3 together and divide it in half. Place the dough onto parchment paper and cover with a sheet of plastic wrap. Thinly roll out both portions of the dough with a rolling pin..
- Lift one sheet of dough into a pie plate. Pierce the bottom edge of the crust with a fork. Pour in the Step 2 filling. Cut the other sheet of dough into strips and lay them over the filling to make a lattice..
- Bake in a preheated oven at 200℃ for 15-20 minutes. Reduce heat to 180℃, and bake 20 more minutes. Brush the maple syrup on the surface, then it is done..
- If this the lattice is too much of a hassle, you can simply place the second dough on top and make a cross cut in the center with a knife and bake it..
recipe by cookpad.japan @cookpad