Basboosa – Rava Cake. This cake is Soft and moist with a touch of lemon syrup. If necessary, broil ever so briefly so that the top of the basbousa gains color. While the cake is baking, prepare the cinnamon simple syrup.
Add yogurt into the mixture, mix well. Run your knife along the earlier score marks and cut the cake into slices. Pour the syrup over the still hot cake and allow it to be absorbed, at least an hour. You can cook Basboosa – Rava Cake using 11 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you make it.
Ingredients of Basboosa – Rava Cake
- It’s 1 cup of Yoghurt -.
- You need 1 cup of Sugar -.
- You need 2 1/2 cups of Rava -.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of Ghee -.
- It’s 1/2 tsp of Baking soda -.
- You need 10 pcs of Almonds -.
- It’s of Sugar syrup.
- You need 3 cups of Sugar -.
- You need 2 1/2 cups of Water -.
- Prepare drops of Lemon – few.
- Prepare drops of Rose Essence – few.
Serve the slices warm with a hot cup of unsweetened black tea or coffee. When the basboosa is done in the oven, take it out using your oven mitts. Pour the honey syrup all over the hot basboosa. Cool and take out the cakes from the baking dish using a metal spatula.
Basboosa – Rava Cake instructions
- Mix yoghurt and sugar well. Add Rava & Ghee to it. In the end add baking soda..
- Greece a baking pan and pour the mixture. Score through the mixture like you are cutting it. For a little decoration top I pressed in Almonds. You can get creative on this. .
- Bake it at 200 degree in a preheated oven for 1 hr 10 min still the top and edges are nice cripy golden brown..
- For the sugar syrup in a sauce pan put the sugar, water and lemon drops. Let it boil for a few minutes. Take it off the heat add the Rose essence and pour on the hot baked Rava cake. Alternate to Rose Essence you can try with Cinamon powder for flavouring as well..
- Ready serve… Enjoy !!!.
Authentic Egyptian basbousa recipe that is soft and stays soft. A delicious coconut, yogurt and semolina/farina cake that gets sprinkled with nuts and drizzled with syrup to put the final seal of perfection. Basbousa/basboosa is a term in the Middle east that refers to a very sweet semolina – sort of- cake. Mix the semolina, coconut, sugar, flour, yoghurt, melted butter and vanilla in a bowl. If the mixture seems too thick, add a little milk, but it should still be fairly.