Lentil and ginger soup #mycookbook. Doesn't that sound like all of your dreams are coming true? This hearty and protein-packed vegan lentil soup is totally delicious and very easy to make. Smooth or chunky, its your choice.
This Vegan Carrot Ginger Soup is packed with protein thanks to the addition of red lentils! Due to the red lentils, you can expect this Vegan Carrot Ginger Soup to thicken considerably as it cools. You may want to add a little water to thin it out when re-heating. You can have Lentil and ginger soup #mycookbook using 11 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Lentil and ginger soup #mycookbook
- You need of orange lentils.
- Prepare of olive oil.
- Prepare of onion, chopped.
- Prepare of carrot, peeled and chopped.
- It’s of garlic, peeled and chopped.
- It’s of fresh ginger, grated.
- You need of ground cumin.
- You need of each of turmeric and paprika.
- Prepare of chopped tomatoes.
- Prepare of water or stock. (I used chicken stock, but if you use vegetable stock the recipe is vegetarian/vegan).
- It’s of Salt and pepper.
Sophie's carrot lentil & ginger soup. Hot curry-ginger lentil and vegetable soup. This soup recipe is sure to heal what ails you. Lentils are a great soure of fiber and protein.
Lentil and ginger soup #mycookbook instructions
- Heat the olive oil in a large pan, then gently fry the onion until starting to soften..
- Add the carrot, garlic, ginger and spices, fry for a few minutes more..
- Add the lentils, stock/water and tomatoes. Simmer gently until the lentils are soft (approx 15 – 20 minutes.).
- Cook until the lentils are starting to get a little soft. The soup is ready and can be served just as it is.
- Or can be blended with a stick blender and be served as a smoother soup..
recipe by shropshirelass @cookpad
When they're boiled, many of the nutrients run off into the water, so using lentils in a soup is a great way to get all those nutrients into your body. This lentil soup is simple and straightforward. They're a speckled green and cook up plump and with a touch of crunch. This red lentil soup recipe is all about spices and flavors. In this recipe, I use garlic, fresh ginger, turmeric and paprika which are all aromatic and very flavorful.