Vickys Cherry Frangipane-Streusal Cake, GF DF EF SF.
You can cook Vickys Cherry Frangipane-Streusal Cake, GF DF EF SF using 20 ingredients and 12 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Vickys Cherry Frangipane-Streusal Cake, GF DF EF SF
- It’s of Streusal Topping.
- You need of plain / gluten-free flour.
- Prepare of ground almonds.
- It’s of granulated sugar.
- You need of butter / sunflower spread.
- You need of Cherry Cake.
- You need of ground flax seed.
- You need of warm water.
- It’s of softened butter / sunflower spread.
- Prepare of granulated sugar.
- Prepare of water or milk.
- It’s of ground almonds.
- It’s of almond extract.
- Prepare of plain / gluten-free flour.
- You need of (rounded) baking powder.
- It’s of xanthan gum if using gluten-free flour.
- It’s of fresh cherries, halved and stoned.
- It’s of Extra Topping.
- Prepare of flaked almonds.
- Prepare of icing sugar / powdered sugar.
Vickys Cherry Frangipane-Streusal Cake, GF DF EF SF step by step
- Mix the ground flax and water in a small bowl or cup and set aside for 15 minutes until gelatinous (you can use 2 eggs in place of this and ignore this step).
- Meanwhile preheat the oven to gas 4 / 180C / 350°F and grease & line a 20cm cake tin.
- Make the topping first by mixing the flour, ground almonds and sugar together. Rub in the butter with your fingers until the mixture resembles crumbs. Set aside.
- For the cake, cream the butter and sugar together in a large bowl.
- Add the flax mixture and the milk (or 2 eggs), half of the ground almonds and stir in, then add the rest of the ground almonds and the extract and mix together.
- Add the baking powder and xanthan gum if using to the flour, then fold into the rest of the cake batter.
- Pour the cake batter into the tin and even it out with the back of a spoon.
- Spread the cherries over the top of the cake batter.
- Sprinkle the streusal topping over the cherries and add the flaked almonds on top of that if desired.
- Bake for 45 – 55 minutes or until the almonds / topping is slightly golden and a skewer inserted into the middle of the cake comes out clean.
- Let stand in the tin for 10 minutes before releasing. Dust with icing sugar if desired before serving.
- A lovely dessert served warm with custard or ice cream.
recipe by Vicky@Jacks Free-From Cookbook @cookpad