Turkey and Quinoa Stuffed Peppers. Healthy Mexican Quinoa and Turkey Stuffed Peppers. The stuffed peppers are loaded with lean ground turkey, black beans, corn, crushed tomatoes and quinoa. Cumin, cayenne pepper and paprika give the filling a little kick.
Combine quinoa and chicken stock in a saucepan. Once the turkey is browned, shut off the heat and fold in the quinoa, kale and pepitas. Mix to incorporate all ingredients thoroughly. You can cook Turkey and Quinoa Stuffed Peppers using 12 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Turkey and Quinoa Stuffed Peppers
- You need 2 cups of chicken broth.
- You need 1 cup of quinoa.
- Prepare 1 lb of ground turkey.
- It’s 1 of garlic clove, minced.
- You need 1/4 cup of white wine.
- You need 4 of bell peppers.
- You need 1/4 cup of kale chopped finely.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of grated parmegan cheese.
- You need 2 tbsp of parsley chopped.
- It’s to taste of salt and pepper.
- Prepare pinch of chili flakes.
- It’s 1/4 cup of bread crumbs.
And this recipe for Turkey Quinoa Stuffed Bell Peppers is perfect! Stuffed peppers are the perfect family dinner year round! In addition to ground turkey, quinoa and spices, the filling is made with high quality Tuttorosso Diced Tomatoes Italian Style in puree. This recipe gives old-world stuffed peppers a fresh and healthful update with colorful (and more vitamin-C rich) red, yellow and/or orange peppers, stuffed with a satisfying filling that's enlivened with spinach and herbs.
Turkey and Quinoa Stuffed Peppers instructions
- Preheat the oven to 425 degrees F. For the quinoa: Over medium-high heat, bring the broth to a boil in a medium saucepan. As the broth is coming to boil, add the quinoa, then stir and cover. Reduce the heat to a simmer and steam the quinoa until the grains pop, about 10 minutes. Remove from the heat and let stand for 10 minutes. Fluff with a fork..
- For the peppers: Set a large saute pan over medium-high heat. Add a drizzle of olive oil and add the turkey, crushed red pepper flakes and garlic. Sprinkle with salt and pepper. Cook until well browned, 5 to 7 minutes, while stirring with a wooden spoon and breaking up the pieces. Deglaze with the wine. While the turkey is browning, rinse the peppers and pat dry. With the pepper lying down on its side, cut off the top and remove the seeds and membrane. Repeat for the remaining peppers. Leave the stem on the top for presentation. Set aside..
- Once the turkey is browned, shut off the heat and fold in the quinoa, and kale. Mix to incorporate all ingredients thoroughly. Check for seasoning and adjust with salt and pepper if required..
- In a small mixing bowl, combine the panko and Parmesan. Add a drizzle of olive oil to lightly moisten and season with salt and pepper. Set the peppers on a roasting tray cut-side up and stuff each with about 1/3 cup of filling. Top each pepper half with about 2 tablespoons of breadcrumb-Parmesan topping. Cover loosely with foil, place in the center of the oven and bake for 15 minutes. When the peppers are tender and cooked through, remove the foil and turn on the broiler. Cook under the broiler to brown the panko breadcrumbs and crisp up, 1 to 2 minutes. Remove the peppers from the oven and allow to rest before serving..
These roasted red stuffed peppers are filled with Mexican spiced turkey quinoa for a nutritious meal packed with vegetables and lean protein. Each roasted bell pepper is filled to the top with ground turkey, quinoa, vegetables and Mexican spices for a little kick. I love stuffed peppers stuffed with just about anything, but these turkey stuffed peppers filled with You may have tried my Sante Fe Turkey Stuffed Peppers, Chicken Taco Chili Stuffed Peppers, and of course I made these peppers last night and used Quinoa insteaad of rice and they were fantastic! Turkey and quinoa stuffed peppers are packed with protein and feature fresh, healthy vegetables. Quinoa is an amino acid-rich (protein) seed that has a fluffy, slightly crunchy texture and a mild nutty flavour when cooked.