AlishaLucky's A Date with a Banana Cake..
You can have AlishaLucky's A Date with a Banana Cake. using 11 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you make that.
Ingredients of AlishaLucky's A Date with a Banana Cake.
- You need 250 grams of pitted dates, diced.
- It’s 1/2 tsp of cinnamon.
- You need 1/2 tsp of nutmeg.
- It’s 1/2 cup of brown sugar.
- You need 60 grams of butter.
- Prepare 3 of very ripe mashed bananas.
- Prepare 1/2 tsp of bicarb soda (baking soda).
- You need 1 tbsp of golden syrup.
- It’s 1 of egg.
- You need 1 1/2 cup of s sifted self raising flour.
- You need 1 of spray oil for pan.
AlishaLucky's A Date with a Banana Cake. instructions
- Preheat oven to 180C. Spray a loaf tin with oil. Line the bottom of the pan with baking paper..
- Put all ingredients from dates to butter into a pot and pour in enough boiling water to just cover the ingredients. Simmer for about 15mins, uncovered, or until the dates have become mushy..
- Take off heat and cool for half an hour..
- Add banana, bicarb, golden syrup, egg and flour to the pot and mix well. Put mixture into prepared loaf tin..
- Bake for 30-40mins or until a skewer come out clean..
- Best served warm with custard or cold spread with whipped butter..
recipe by AlishaLucky @cookpad