Carrot and walnut cake.
You can have Carrot and walnut cake using 13 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Carrot and walnut cake
- Prepare of Rice bran oil, to grease.
- It’s 1/2 c of brown sugar.
- It’s 3/4 c of rice bran oil.
- It’s 130 ml of golden syrup.
- It’s 3 of eggs.
- Prepare 1 tsp of vanilla essence.
- You need 1/2 c of plain flour.
- You need 1 c of self-raising flour.
- You need 1 tsp of baking soda.
- It’s 1/2 tsp of ground cinnamon.
- Prepare 350 g of carrots, peeled and grated.
- Prepare 1/2 c of walnuts, chopped.
- Prepare of Icing sugar to spinkle.
Carrot and walnut cake step by step
- Warm oven at 150C fan-forced or 170C. Grease a 20cm round cake pan lightly with oil, and line with non stick baking paper.
- Add the brown sugar, oil, golden syrup, egg and vanilla in a separate bowl. Use a balloon whisk to mox until combined.
- Sift the flours, baking soda, and cinnamon into a large bowl.
- Pour the oil mixture into the dry ingredients. Use a wooden spoon to stir gently until just combined. Stir in the grated carrot and walnut.
- Pour the mixture into mould and bake for 1 hour. Set aside for 5 minutes, before turning out onto a wire rack to cool completely.
- Spingle with icing and serve.
recipe by August Diamond @cookpad