Cream cheese frosting. It is sweet, as other reviewers have noted, but isn't that the point? I made it exactly as reciped and it was the right consistency and flavor. It does make plenty for a three-tier cake.
It's a five-star favorite that has an ideal balance of sweetness and tanginess. This smooth, versatile cream cheese frosting has a delicate vanilla flavor. The woman who made the wedding cake for our daughter, Leanne, and her groom, Billy, used this recipe. You can have Cream cheese frosting using 4 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you make that.
Ingredients of Cream cheese frosting
- You need 1/2 c of butter.
- Prepare 6 oz of cream cheese.
- It’s 4 tsp of vanilla extract.
- Prepare 2 c of confectioners sugar.
It's also excellent on carrot cake. —Sharon Lugdon, Greenbush, Maine I only made cream cheese frosting tonight (first time), but I figured something else out (physics background, it helps). Classic cream cheese frosting with cream cheese, butter, powdered sugar, and vanilla. Perfect for icing carrot cake, cupcakes, cookies. Photography Credit: Elise Bauer Cream cheese frosting is a baking classic!
Cream cheese frosting step by step
- Leave butter and cream cheese out until room temperature (softened)..
- Beat butter, cream cheese and vanilla in a bowl with electric mixer until fluffy and smooth..
- Gradually beat in confectioners sugar until smooth..
- Store in refrigerator..
- Will frost 24 cupcakes exactly..
In a large bowl, beat together the butter and cream cheese with an electric mixer. With the mixer on low speed, add the powdered sugar a cup at a time until smooth and creamy. Orange Cream Cheese Frosting "This frosting is delicious. Love the fresh orange juice and the zest. Not too sweet, and it spreads beautifully.